Author Topic: Which Blower should we buy??  (Read 6431 times)

Offline IZ

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Which Blower should we buy??
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:53:37 pm »
Looking for advice from our new Big Paw family. Iz is a 13 weeks old Newf - has terrible "potty manners" and has had 4 baths in the 4 weeks we have had him home. (Why do they walk in poop???) It's time for us to get a blower (it takes forevever to try him). What do you all recommend and more importantly - where to buy it? Our breeder uses the K-9 - pretty expensive! At this point - we are sparing nothing for our new "baby" and want to do what's right. We plan to show him - so this will be a necessity down the line.
Jennifer - IZ's Mom

"I like my daddy better".  -Iz

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Which Blower should we buy??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:37:52 am »
OMG! Could Iz be any cuter of have sweeter markings? Accckkk..I'm in love.

To answer your question though, we use the Challengeair 2000 Animal Dryer by Double K Industries. It works really well with our Newf and was one of the more affordable ones that our breeder recommended to us back in '02. We are looking to up grade to a double engine dryer for more power and a quicker drying time. Good luck though!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:38:51 am »
Anf by the way, I need to see more pics of baby Iz...and so does Bear....I think he may have found a girlfriend.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline IZ

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:28:08 am »
Thank you! We think he is pretty special! But alas - no girlfriend for Bear - since Iz is a boy :) I'll try to post more photos to the photo section....
Jennifer - IZ's Mom

"I like my daddy better".  -Iz

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:02:21 am »
OH MY GOD ... He is adorable!  So little...and those white spots are to die for!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 01:33:08 pm »
Thank you! We think he is pretty special! But alas - no girlfriend for Bear - since Iz is a boy :) I'll try to post more photos to the photo section....

Darn it!  :( My apologies too, I didn't even pay attention tot he words "him". Well, maybe they could be freinds someday then.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 01:50:38 pm »
omg.... Iz is too cute, you all just have to stop buying and posting pics of long haired puppies  :D After grooming many many hours a day for years I decided I wanted only short haired dogs lol, but its getting harder and harder lol.

For your queston though, you have the really big stand dryers. On plus side, they are very fast, convenient at home. On the minus side though they are or can be really expensive and they totally suck if you want to bring them to shows.

For dryers that have a good capacity and are also okay to bring, you have a few that I think are very good and not too prizy. Metro Blaster B-3 is okay but with a newf. it will take a bit to get dry. the sibling Master Blaster MB-3 is great, fast and super effectiv but quite a bit more costly. Also the Metro Air Force Dryer the one with 4.0 php is really great and a really good price too.

If you want the dryer to be hands free, and buy one of the smaller  ones, just get one of the "arms" with a clip holder for the dryer hose and voila you have a hands free dryer and can use both hands to brush and hold.

Whatever you choose, I would check catalogs, and online, because if you order from petstores the add on quite a bit of money, money Iz can get lotsa lotsa toys for instead  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog