Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2037 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Insurance
« on: December 30, 2005, 01:24:27 pm »
A friend of mine just called and asked if I had watched the news last night, no I didn't.  She was trying to explain mandatory pet insurance for all dogs after Jan 1st?  Does anyone know anything about this?
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 01:29:31 pm »
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 02:02:13 pm »
That look like a very real possibility.  I think if something like that was being looked at around here I and the other dog owners/breeders around here would definately have something to say about it..  Thanks!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 02:29:16 pm »
I don't see how they can mandate pet insurance in the US, as they can't even mandate health insurance for people...
As for liability insurance, that is covered under most people's renters or homeowners insurance already.
Stella

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 02:51:07 pm »
I heard something about Kentucky doing this. They first started with only making Pit owners required to carry the higher liability insurance but due to anti-BSL they were thinking of making it for all breeds.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 12:41:48 pm »
Hmm....good question. I wonder where this is for sure and how well it will work? I wonder if the dogs will all be better off with insurance to help  pay for the cost of their vet bills??
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 01:36:25 pm »
I haven't heard anything about it and my mother works at a vet's office and they would probably hear about it.  Kali has pet insurance and it is a good deal for emergencies, vaccinations, and spays although our vet gives us everything at cost because my mother works there.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties