Author Topic: Oasis is Missing  (Read 20870 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Oasis is Missing
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 06:03:30 pm »
I just remembered that someone had posted a link on here a while back for a group that is dedicated to helping find lost dogs. Jeanne, you should read through the site and see if any of it can help you: http://www.lostdogsearch.com/
RIP former BPO

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 07:45:06 pm »
I'll be praying that he makes a swift and safe return.  Let's hope someone just picked him up and is trying to find you as well.

Offline Baileyboy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 09:37:57 pm »
All paws are crossed over here!
Oasis it's time to come home now!!!

SA_horses

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 10:21:12 pm »
I hope Oasis comes home soon.  It must be really hard for you to worry about him all this time.

Do read that website on finding a lost dog.  I had forgotten all about it, but it has lots of important information.

Let us know how he is doing when you find him.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 09:43:11 am »
Any news yet? I sure hope Oasis is ok somewhere right now.
Lost dog signs are definitely worth every bit of the effort! One of my dogs was lost after a camping trip several years ago and I managed to find her after a week of her wandering around the north Georgia mountains, all because of signs that I posted!
Good luck! Stay safe, Oasis!!!!

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 10:47:51 am »
We had a doberman male take off after a deer once, and it took him a week to get back home. We had everyone we knew pray that he would come home safe. He was a big red male, and it was the beginning of deer hunting season, and I was scared to death every second that he was gone.  I hope that Oasis either is being held by someone who thinks he is a stray and you will find him, or will wonder back home on his own soon! I will pray for his return---it cant hurt.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
He's still not home and my stomach is in knots, but I'm POSITIVE someone must have him. I called my vet to let them know in case someone calls the phone number on his vet tag. I found his I.D. tag in the yard - must have come off as he was squeezing through the hole. The hole he made on the other side of the neighbor's yard to get out of their yard is only about 8 inches in diameter! I swear I don't know how he squeezed through it!

I'm putting an ad in the paper and tried calling the shelter this morning, but it's a state holiday so they are not there.

Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers. With your help, I'm sure he'll come home soon.

I found a bunch of his fur in the yard from the last time I "plucked" him so I picked some of that up and put it in a safe place, just in case...

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 12:39:25 pm »
Thanks for the update Jeanne. We're hoping with you that he comes home soon!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2006, 02:04:17 pm »
Jeanne, I am sending prayers your way that Oasis finds his way home!!...I bet some good samaritan took him in & is spoiling him rotten & looking for you too!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 02:05:34 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 08:38:51 pm »
Im sorry to hear he is still not  home, but sometimes it is just really hard to get the one who lost and the one who found to find eachother, I am sure now when we are back to normal days again, it will get easier and you will have him home before you know it  :D

Sending good vibes and crossing everything I have here

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 10:55:28 pm »
Jeanne,

So sorry to hear about Oasis. I lost my Turk once. She slipt out of the door unnoticed. Some neighbor children were terrorizing her a block away. The college students that lived on the same block took her from them. I believe they intended to keep her. Anyway, a week later she still wouldn't eat for them, so they checked the newspaper, saw my lost ad and returned her.

I am certain you'll find him.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2006, 12:29:55 pm »
Well, I called the shelter and the newspaper this morning. I'm taking tomorrow off so I can hang up posters and run around to all the vets. Hopefully, someone will call the number on his vet tag today. I notified them yesterday that he was lost, but maybe whoever found him didn't think they were open yesterday.

Keep your fingers crossed. I really miss him.

Jeanne
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:34:51 pm by jjfritsche »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

dohertyswissy

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2006, 12:30:56 pm »
Jeanne,

I've been laying low here for awhile and just read about Oasis.  I am so sorry to hear that he is missing.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Fingers and paws crossed for his safe return.  Please keep us posted.

Hugs,
Heather and Ranger

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2006, 01:49:02 pm »
Jeanne,

I haven't been on my computer for a few days but wanted to let you know that I too will be praying for Oasis to come home very soon!!

Randy

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 01:55:02 am »
Fingers and paws are all crossed that you'll get the VERY best phone call tomorrow!!!  He does want to come home!!! :)  ....and soon!!!