Author Topic: The Holidays Destroyed Me!!!  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
The Holidays Destroyed Me!!!
« on: January 02, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »
It's Monday, January 3rd, 2006 AND I FEEL LIKE CRAPPOLA!!!  This holiday season was filled with lots of fatty, salty food, alcohol and very little sleep.  Although it was very fun and I really enjoyed spending time with family, it has taken it's toll.   Does anybody else feel this way?  Tired?  Screaming liver?  Larger midsection?  :P I am starting a 2 week cleanse today with my wife and my sister-in-law, it's a good thing.....
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: The Holidays Destroyed Me!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:18:25 pm »
My husband and I have both started our diets back.  The holidays took a different toll on me.  I am so sick.  Lack of sleep for a couple of weeks wore me down I guess.  I started Alyx's school back today, so I'm just hoping that it won't be too big of a fight to get back into the swing of things. 

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 01:22:35 pm »
Newf
I didnt even have one drink through Christmas. OMG thats really strange but now Im happy I didnt overindulge. I guess you went a little overboard and Im hopeing you feel better soon. I just wanted to point out that today is Tuesday January 3rd and you had me racing to see if my mind was going cause my kids start back to school on Wed. and I wasnt sure if I could handle another day. LOL
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 01:45:13 pm »
I am feeling good today unlike most of my coworkers who are out sick or here sharing their germs with me.  I did a lot of eating and drinking but I made sure I got my sleep because if not I'm a monster.  Give it time and by then it will be MLK day so you might get the day off.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 02:49:46 pm »
I'm with you on the feeling zoned @ work.  I've been off nearly 2 weeks, too much holiday snacks, drinks, etc.. and most all my free time not enjoying the holidays was spent working on the house, etc.. Ready for Friday already :)
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 04:48:32 pm »

Hope your back on your feet soon Newf.

Tina

Thanks!  Went home for lunch, inhaled two turkey tacos, and took a quick nap on the floor with my head on Drake's furry belly, while enjoying the smells of homemade soup cooking in the Crock Pot.  Mmmmm!  That cleared out some of the cobwebs and I popped a few Hydroxycuts to wake me up a bit, but I will still probably drag myself through the rest of the work day.  And then there's tonight's Spin class to look forward to!!!  :o
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:49:57 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 05:10:40 pm »
Newf - I am SOOO WITH you.  I, for one, have had way too much holiday cheer.  I need to make some resolutions... but, I am too damn tired to do that!  Of course, I did decide I was going to "dry out" until Saturday, but with the day I'm having...I don't know if that is looking too promising.   ;) 

MUST ... DRINK ... WATER....ONLY. ....

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 05:20:48 pm »
Ryan, ohhhh Ryan, now I am tired, wore out and sweatting, you said the word I HATE spinning...... ...... nope there is not other form of exersise I hate more. hmmmm might be because im short and always have to adjust the darn thing down to as low as it goes haha.

I am not too much for all the fatty food on christmas, but have done enough eating of well everything really lol.... No drinking though, except wine, so I still have approx. as many brain cells after christams as I did before  ;D

Me too got really nervous when you said monday, I sent my kids to school today and I got worried they were the only ones there lol.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 06:20:28 pm »
OH I can totally relate!!  I've eaten way to much food this past week and drank one to many Margarita's, wine, champagn and well the list goes on and on.  All that has definitely caught up with me.  I've been trying to detoxify since yesterday and so far it's working well.  Lots of herbal teas and water and bubble baths with detoxifying bubbles, gotta get all that ickyness out of my system!

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 06:58:22 pm »
Thanks!  Went home for lunch, inhaled two turkey tacos, and took a quick nap on the floor with my head on Drake's furry belly, while enjoying the smells of homemade soup cooking in the Crock Pot.  Mmmmm!  That cleared out some of the cobwebs and I popped a few Hydroxycuts to wake me up a bit, but I will still probably drag myself through the rest of the work day.  And then there's tonight's Spin class to look forward to!!!  :o

Too funny....I thought I was the only who popped Hydroxycuts as a pick-me-up!! I hear what you're saying though. I obviously had *way* too much fun this weekend (if the Louis Vuitton luggage I'm packing under my eyes is a result!) and I still have to go to school tonight! I can't even play sick, as today's the first of the Quarter!!!! *wah*

Oh weel, I'm eternally gratefully for SoBe Adrenline..... ...
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:15:25 pm »
I felt awful too, but in a different way....  The Wednesday before Christmas, I came down with some foul virus.  I felt HORRIBLE and didn't eat ANYTHING for like 4 days.  By Christmas morning, I was still too sick to fly to Phoenix to see my parents, so the trip got pushed back until the 28th. 

By the time I went, I was feeling better, but my stomach still wasn't 100%.  Every night we went out for dinner, I ordered nothing, and ate off my mom's plate like a 3 year old...

Back at work now, but this is the first day in about 2 weeks that I will have been upright for an 8-hour period.  And, sadly, any weight that I might have lost from being sick, was cancelled out by me eating my weight in cheese over the past two days as my stomach has finally felt better!   >:(
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*