Author Topic: She's not so big, but her paws are!  (Read 2456 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
She's not so big, but her paws are!
« on: May 13, 2005, 06:54:11 am »
I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to re-post it incase anyone interested had missed it....

I  know someone right now looking to re-home a pit bull. He's in the military and just got re-station orders. I'm not happy about him not taking his dog with him.... I know it would be difficult and the dog would have to be in quarenteen, but I'm still not happy about it.
Her name is Mia (me-ya) and she's just under 2 years old, UTD on shots and not fixed ( but he willing to pay to have her fixed for whoever takes her).  She's a reddish/brown with the pretty dark lines around her eyes, weighs about 55 lbs and is not docked.
Housebroken, knows commands, gives high 5 and can catch pop corn in her mouth!
Unfortunatly there is no pit bull rescue here in Maine. I can not take in another dog right now...we've got a full house. But I'm doing all I can to help find a good responsible home for her cause I can't deal with the thought of her going to a shelter here. Pit bulls and similer breeds are often put down as soon as they're taken in to the shelter without even placing them for adoption.
I don't have a pic of her, but I'll try to get one and post it. If anyone happens to be able to help, please get in touch with me. I will drive her to a good home myself if need be.

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: She's not so big, but her paws are!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 01:45:59 pm »
I am sorry to hear, I dont know anyone, and I guess like you said it is hard to find a lot of good homes for an adult pit. And unfortunately they do get put down a lot if they come into shelter care. I wish you and her Good Luck.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog