Author Topic: Doghealer's craziest promo ever  (Read 17112 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Doghealer's craziest promo ever
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:41:13 am »
Hi Rebekah,

I am a member of AAZK (American Association of Zookeepers).  Our chapter is having a fundraiser in February and it's supposed to be a wine tasting/art auction.  I saw your post and was thinking that one of your gift certificates or a portrait would be a great auction item.  Can you email me privately so I can talk to you about it or do you mind if I email you privately about it?  My email is fowler_kathryn@hotmail.com.  Thanks a lot and your work is gorgeous.  I am going to go through some of my old pictures and see if I can find one of my Rottie/Shepherd and have a portrait done. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 11:52:48 am »
Hi Rebekah,

I sent you my order.  Please let me know if you are still having email problems or don't receive it.

Cindy

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »
Kat- I would love to donate a gift certificate to your fund raiser, I have done that kind of thing before! Please email me at doghealer@gmail.com. :)

Cindy- I just got your email. Thanks!!! Luckily no more problems with my email, it was scary for a while there though!  I can't wait to do a portrait of Tucker! Love that brindle tongue!! ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 11:33:03 am »
What beautiful work you do. I would love to have you do Dakota and Jade for me.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 01:03:21 pm »
What beautiful work you do. I would love to have you do Dakota and Jade for me.

Oh my goodness I can't wait! They are both so gorgeous!!! :D

will

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 10:27:18 pm »
awesome - wait a second... what flaws in the website?!!

DakotaMom

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 02:15:37 am »
I'm having such a hard time deciding on which pictures to send!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »
I'm having such a hard time deciding on which pictures to send!

It can be so so hard to decide!! Just think of what expression you really like in your dog, for example, if I ever get to doing Zoot's portrait, I will probably use a shot of him where he looks very dignified, serious, and soulful. In fact I think I just found the perfect picture of him to use! The best shots are taken outside in natural light so there is no weird flash effect in their eyes, but some indoor shots work well too.
Something that shows their face and markings, their color, and then the right expression.
Yep, it's difficult! But it's fun!!!

Here's that pic of Zoot I just found which is a good example of a photo that would work really well for a portrait. Hope it helps!
(Any questions just email me!)

DakotaMom

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 03:36:06 pm »
Maybe this one of Jade

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 04:05:47 pm »
Maybe this one of Jade

Oh that is an awesome picture!!! She looks like a bear or a lion... something very huge and mighty!!!

Offline MrsMike

• Gnawer
  • Teesha Marie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 04:22:02 pm »
Doghealer, I have to tell you that I am sitting here in absolute AWE of your work!  Not only can I see the beauty in each of your portraits, but I can also see the personality of each and every animal!  I will be contacting you via email to get some particulars, but I want you to know that I will also be contacting each and every animal lover I know to encourage them to "hire" you!  Thank you very much for giving us all something to remember our babies by other than a photograph ... your portraits portray so much more.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 09:42:38 pm »
Doghealer, I have to tell you that I am sitting here in absolute AWE of your work!  Not only can I see the beauty in each of your portraits, but I can also see the personality of each and every animal!  I will be contacting you via email to get some particulars, but I want you to know that I will also be contacting each and every animal lover I know to encourage them to "hire" you!  Thank you very much for giving us all something to remember our babies by other than a photograph ... your portraits portray so much more.

Wow- I don't even know what to say to that!!! That's the most beautiful compliment I've ever gotten! Thank you so much! ;D
I really love animals so I am glad it shows in my work!!! :D And I have my own dogs to thank for so much inspiration!! :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:42:57 pm by doghealer »

DakotaMom

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 11:39:08 am »
I'm getting the selection narrowed down. I will be posting the link for your site to the breeders puppy group.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 10:25:26 am »
I'm getting the selection narrowed down. I will be posting the link for your site to the breeders puppy group.

Thanks! I appreciate the link!
I can't wait to see pictures! I am so excited to be doing all these BPO portraits!!! :D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »
 :o LOL!!!!
Will and I vote for 1, 2 and 4!!!! :D ;D