Author Topic: 2 Kids gone, 7 dogs left!!!  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
2 Kids gone, 7 dogs left!!!
« on: January 03, 2006, 01:36:30 pm »
Oh my, My daughter moved out and will not take her 2 pits until she has a fenced in yard. She moved in with a boyfriend and wants to make sure it will last before she puts the money into a good fence. (she's 26)
My youngest son went back to school, Yeah!! but did not own a dog. I told him he could pick one out to take but he declined. darn.
My oldest son is still looking for a house, his 3 dogs have taken over my house.  But the good news is that his little pit quit hurting the other dogs, He has to wear a muzzel and hates to be seperated from the pack. Oh yeah, and his cat got out and got hurt some how. Poor thing broke a tooth and scratched up face. I would never have an indoor-outdoor cat, but he does.
I am soo ready to go back to work, this house is crazy!! the house work alone is a full time job. Can't keep the floors clean, I gave up on the furniture and will just buy more after he moves out. But I am feeling much better now so I guess there is no excuse not to clean. Just had to jump on and say HI to everyone.  And ask for prayers that he finds a house SOON

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Kids gone, 7 dogs left!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 01:39:18 pm »
I think I would take 2 times as many dogs over teenage to adult children.  you are a very patient person.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 01:44:26 pm »
I forgot to add, and this is funny-- Do you remember that he brought his fish too? 3 big fish and one died? Being very tired when it happened I told him to flush it and it clogged up the toilet real bad. Well for Christmas be bought and installed a new toilet!! yep that was my Christmas preseant. a new toilet. Only my kid would think of that.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
Glad you checked in Terry. We'll be praying for you. I wish your daughter would have taken her dogs, though. They are a part of her. It's hard on the boyfriend/future hubby to get her in scheduled segments... but seems those young adults see things differently and do what they want sometimes, just part of growing and learning I guess.

You deserve a big star for patience! All those fur babies!

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Deena

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 06:33:01 pm »
Only my kid would think of that.

No.  That's not true.   

My dad gave my grandmother new toilets in both the upstairs bath and the downstairs half bath for Christmas a couple of years before she passed.  I even helped install them!  ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad