Author Topic: Oasis is not coming home  (Read 12754 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Oasis is not coming home
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:58:26 pm »
As I was hanging up "Missing" posters today, I received a call from a woman who I am familiar with through her occasional donations to the humane society. She is certain the dog she found in her driveway yesterday was Oasis. He had been hit by a car.

Her house is about a mile and a half from mine on the other side of the bayou. I find it hard to believe he could have walked all that way on his arthritic legs, crossed 2 busy highways and a bridge over a bayou with no one picking him up. He can't move fast anymore. I feel certain someone must have picked him up then dropped him off again, but what the truth is doesn't really matter now.

Oasis,

I will miss your gentle nature. I will miss how you "mothered" all the stray kittens I brought home. I was amazed how all of them instantly loved you - this big dog that couldn't look less like a mother cat.

I will miss your smile and how you always knew when something was wrong; how you would come over and lay your head in my lap. I will miss your gentle nudges on my hand wanting to be pet, that kissable nose and the smell of your fur after you had been outside. I will miss how the kids used to come to our door and ask, "Can Oasis come out and play?"

I regret that I did not have one last chance to bury my face in your neck or fall asleep cuddled next to you. I am sorry we didn't keep a closer eye on you and that you felt you had to wander.

I will miss the big goofy dog who could make friends with the biggest dog or the smallest toad. I will always remember how you found joy in everything. I will take a lesson from you in how you trusted everyone and everything. You never stopped trying to be someone's friend. You forgave anyone for their fear or misunderstandi ng of you. You never bit back when bitten, you never uttered a growl in your life, and you were always available to offer comfort and love.

I will see you again at the bridge. I will carry your memory with me until then, my friend. I will love you forever.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 08:04:23 pm by jjfritsche »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GR8DAME

Re: Oasis is not coming home
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:02:26 pm »
Jeanne, I am so sorry for your loss. Oasis will be deeply missed from the BPO family.
Stella

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 08:03:41 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that news. I had been so hopeful for him.
Peace be with your family in this difficult time. You are in my thoughts.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 08:03:55 pm »
Oh, Jeanne, I'm so very sorry!  I kept checking and hoping that you'd up-date that he was home!  Seeing this post was like a punch in the belly.

Please accept our condolences and hugs!!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 08:05:59 pm by newflvr »

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:05:31 pm »
oh no  :'( im so sorry  :( :( :(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:05:52 pm »
I am so sorry that things turned out this way Jeanne. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your baby boy will not be forgotten.

Praying for you,
Jaime, Michael & Bear
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 08:11:30 pm »
Jeanne,

Very sorry to hear about your pup.  Know that he is free from his arthritis and pain while running & playing over the Rainbow Bridge.  We are sending you & your family our thoughts and prayers.

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 08:23:39 pm »
I am so very sorry....
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 08:24:00 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss. :'(  The tribute to Oasis was beautiful and touching.  He sounds like a very special boy.  He will be deeply missed.

(((Hugs)))

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 08:24:31 pm »
Jeanne I am so sorry for your loss!

Your post was a beautiful tribute to Dilbert and reading it makes me want to cry  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 08:36:57 pm »
I am so sorry, I was hoping for the best.
Remember, Oasis will always be alive in your heart
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 08:40:38 pm »
Oh Jeanne!

Reading your tribute to Oasis brought the tears to my eyes! I'm SO sorry! I can't say much that others haven't already said, but just know that I will be thinking of you and your family.

Blair

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 08:47:57 pm »
I am very sorry of your loss. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers! Oasis tribute was beautiful, he sounded like such a loving boy. Again I am very sorry  :'(

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 08:51:37 pm »
Oh no.. I'm really sorry Jeanne, I think Oasis was one of those once in a lifetime kind of companions you won't ever forget.  Bye faithful friend, that just stinks.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 10:36:03 pm »
Oh no.  I'm so sorry, Jeanne.  You are in our thoughts.