Author Topic: Pyr people I'd like your opinion  (Read 6074 times)

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Pyr people I'd like your opinion
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:04:05 am »
Have to laugh  We have a VERY alpha PBGV bitch who we call the Queen of all Queens  She really bosses the Pyrs around and if they aren't listening she jumps up and bites them on the shoulder, ear, whatever she can reach.  When she is getting out of line Patrick, our big male, very non-chalantly just walks over and very slowly and calmly SITS on her! Flattens her just like a pancake!   It is hysterical to watch!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 10:43:57 am »
Your pup looks a lot like my pup when she was smaller! We think she is a lab/pyr mix. She has a short coat but she is huge and white and has double dewclaws. Here she is, she looks just the same as that last picture you posted...

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 03:12:19 pm »
What a cutie pie!!! How old is she now?
Here's a pic I took yesterday of Luke and my b/f "Chip Chip"(they know him by that name). He was half asleep but still had to give him a hello hug. It was cute....he wouldn't get down.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 05:01:14 pm »
What a cutie pie!!! How old is she now?
Here's a pic I took yesterday of Luke and my b/f "Chip Chip"(they know him by that name). He was half asleep but still had to give him a hello hug. It was cute....he wouldn't get down.

Mokey is just about 5 months old, she's about 50 pounds. Luke is gorgeous! I was looking at his pawprint photos... I can't imagine Mokey getting that big because she is still such a baby, but I better go ahead and prepare myself!
Here is a picture of me with my "little puppy" about a week ago I guess. :)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 07:36:10 pm »
Looks like your days of picking Mokey up are almost over  ;D

Luke has gained 10 lbs a month until recently. We weighed him yesterday and he was  70 lbs, and he'll be 8 months officially on Tuesday. He lost a little weight during Daisy's heat because he stopped eating, so I'm sure he'll gain some back. I'm glad he's not bigger b/c I haven't been able to stop him from pulling me on a leash......we're still working on that one.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 01:18:16 am »
I agree that he does seem to have some pyr qualities (not that I'm an expert or anything), but I also agree with Senghe in that with mixed breeds, you can just about get anything out of them.

Even if you could be absolutely sure of the parentage, you could end up with pups that look like neither parent, and another breed altogether.

But it certainly is fun to guess what they might be.