Author Topic: THE B**** THAT SOLD ME MY PUPPY.......  (Read 24372 times)

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: THE BITCH THAT SOLD ME MY PUPPY.......
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 04:45:34 pm »
grrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr
on the dogs papers   ARE
THE OFA OF THE PARENTS
HIP SCORE AND ELBOW PASSED
  AND ON ALL PUPS
THERE SHOULD BE THE PEDDIGRE  
FROM BOTH PARENTS WITH WILL ALSO TELL THE OFA'S,
CHECK OUT THE BREEDERS BEFOR YOU PURCHASE A DOG, AND THEY SHOULD BE CHECKING YOU OUT, MAKE SURE THE DOG GOES TO APPROVED HOMES ONLY!AND A CONTRCT GIVEN, THE HOME AND STIPULATIONS ON THE DOG. ALL OUR PET' S, ARE TO BE FIXED. WE WILL NOT GIVE THE THE PAPERS UNLESS WE CAN CALL THE VET TO VERIFY. IF THE DOG IS OUT OF STATE. SHOW PROSPECTS ARE TO BE OFA AND ELBOW CLEARED BEFOR BREEDING AT THE APROPREATE AGE. WE ASO MUST AGREE ON THE STUD/DAM BREEDING IS TO MAKE BETTER DOGS NOT MORE!!!!  UMMMMMMM I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TERM "BREEDER QUALITY" IT'S SHOW OR PET!........... THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DO NOT WANT AN AKC DOG AND ARE RUNNING ETHICAL BREEDERS, BECAUSE THESE "BREEDERS" DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
 I'M GOING TO MAKE A BUCK, THAT IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.  PLEASE CHECK THE PUPPY LEMON LAW
SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN WRITING, AND WHAT YOU HAVE. OH  ONE MORE THING
THIS IS SO HORRIBLE, NOT ONLY THE POOR DOGS, THAT WILL PROBABLY WIND UP  IN A POUNDTHEN EUTHANISED,, THE PEOPLE WHO'S HEARTS ARE BROKEN
YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, SEE WHAT IS COST YOU, DOWN THE LINE. I HAVE BEEN SHOWING/BREEDING RIDGEBACKS A LONG TIME, ANG 90 % OF MY PUPS GO BY WORD OF MOUTH.  I
GOT MY DOG FROM,,,,,,,, IT MAKES ME FEEL GREAT!!!!
PS  I AM SO SORRY FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED PET, IT BREAKS MY HEART
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 06:21:10 pm »
I feel so sorry for you and Angus! I do know of a supplement that helps with joint problems and you can get it at a local petstore, it is Shark Cartilage, ask the vet first to find out which one would be best for him, my boyfriends parents have a beagle and she is older and developed joint issues and was having a lot of trouble walking then they tried that and she kept getting better and better. I can not believe that lady would call herself a breeder, anytime I call mine she calls me back within 24 hrs. No one like that should be able to breed dogs, do you know if she took the mother to the vet before she passed? If she did maybe you could try to inquire about why she died if you explained the situation to them. Hopefully you will gain some closure on this and Angus will be all better.
Hugs!
Tasha

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 09:07:41 pm »
I am so sorry for your problems with your breeder.  I have had the same kind of problems with the breeder of my 6 yr old female and I can tell you now the AKC will do very little for your situation.  But the best of luck toward trying.  Minta

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 05:57:23 am »
all puppies are adorable!
i love the gaureentee for 2 years poliicy,,,,,,,,,,,, you cant get an OFA until 2 years old, so,,, by the time you OFA your dogs, the gaureentee is  EXPIRED!

BUT  YOU CAN PRE LIMB A GOOD VET CAN READ EXRAYS,  AND LET YOU KNOW IF IT WILL PASS THE OFA'S  PLEASE DO BOTH HIPS AND ELBOWS!!
 AS FOR GET THE AKC HELPING, THAT IS WHERE THEY MAKE THE MOST MONEY ON PUPPY REGESTRATION. FOR GET IT!  CONTACT THE BREED OF THE USA OF YOUR DOGS MAIN CLUB, LET THEM KNOW WHO THIS SO CALLED BREEDER IS!
 THERE IS A RIDGEBACK "BREEDER" IN TEXAS THAT KNOWINGLY BRED A SEVERE (HIP) BITCH
AND CONTINUES TO DO SO. HE DOENT SKIP A SEASON , JUST BREEDS ! HE MAKES MORE $$$$$ BECAUSE HE UNDERSELLS THE ETHICAL BREEDERS.  ONE OF HIS LINES ON HIS WEB PAGE IS  THE BEST KEPT SECRET  THE RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK DOG!
 I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE RR,S OVER 30 YEARS. WHAT SECRET? AND HIS PUPPIES ARE FAR FROM QUALITY, AND HE IS A PUPPY MILL!  OH BOY  IT HAS A RIDGE, BIG DEAL. I HEAR THE PHRASE  ITS PURE BREED  I HAVE PAPERS! WHAT ABOUT THE PEDIGREE???THE GENETICS?? HOW MANY CHAMPIONS DID THE BREEDER PRODUCE? HOW MANY OF THE PARENTS HAD THE OFA'S DONE. IT SHOULD BE ALL!

WE HAVE A FILA ALSO, SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FILA,S I HAVE EVER SEEN! WE DID HER EXRAYS, ONLY ONE ELBOW WAS 20 % DYSPLASTIC, HIPS WERE GOOD  ETC........... . SHE WAS SPAYED THE FOLLOWING WEEK !!!  THAT IS THE CORRECT THING TO DO. I AM SURE WE WOULKD HAVE HAD 80% SOUND PUPS, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST? I COULD NEVER WILLINGLY CAUSE ANY ONE TO HAVE HEART BREAK!  IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME DIRECTLY, PLEASE DO SO  AT   BILLIE4121@AOL.COM
  MAYBE WE ALL CAN HELP EACH OTHER
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 07:02:59 pm »
OMG!  Language excused!  Who is this woman?  Does she have a web site?  What did her Bitch die of?  She must have bottle fed the whole litter or what?  I cannot believe how rude that letter sounded.    What is going on with your boy anyway?  I offer contact and support to all of my new owners , for the life of their dog if they need me.  Geez....
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 07:04:35 pm »
What the h*ll is she doing breeding her saints without xrays ALREADY in place! >:(
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 07:22:21 pm »
he's got really bad hips....one is about 40-50%in and the other is just 20% in.  and, albow displasia as well.  and....he can't gain weight.  he wont fatten up.....he is scrawny as all heck...and thats good for his hips, but he just doesn't look like a saint at all...and i dont care, i love him, but its frustrating and i worry about the not gaining weight.  so...i have another vet appt and we are probably going to do some blood and so forth to try and figure out what is going on. 

hes happy and fun and runs around like a fool, LIKE A FOOL LOL, but it will catch up with him soon.  his hips crackle and pop when he walks and gets up and shifts weight...its SO SAD AND MAKES ME ABOUT PUKE.....

anyway...hes got lots wrong with him righ tnow  :(

Offline bigeddythesaint

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 10:32:45 am »
This is exactly what happened to us.  I contacted the breeder, and she claimed that out of 3 litters with the same parents, Eddy was the only one that had HD.  As if we had something to do with it.  We took Eddy to a OS who confirmed that he was born with the HD.  We did not do anything wrong in raising him.  What a shame that there are people out there breeding these dogs without any concern for the animal.  All they care about is the $$$$.  I wish we could stop them, but as our OS said, there is not much you can do about here in North America.  We don't have much in place as far as regulations to control it.  These people really sicken me!!! :'(

Jen

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 12:28:30 pm »
Did your puppy have AKC papers?  Because I think you can register a complaint with them.  This way if anyone else is shopping breeder using the AKC it might help warn them to stay away from this breeder.

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 11:10:22 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about what that woman said to you.  Clearly, it was her guilty conscience talking.  I hope you know that your dogs health problems are in no way your fault, and NO ONE questions your love or care for your dogs.
I too had breeder problems.  When we had our heart murmur scare with Seamus, the breeders would not return our emails or calls regarding his family history.  Either they were afraid that we would try and collect on our health guarantee OR they have something to hide.  I hope it isn't the latter.  They also never sent us Seamus'  "papers".  My guess is that they don't exist. 
I'm happy with Seamus and i'm so glad that he is my dog.  BUT with that being said I would like to advise against using this breeder to anyone interested in purchasing a St., English Mastiff, and I think English Bulldog (I think those are the dogs they breed).  If anyone is purchasing a dog in N. FLorida, contact me and i'll let you know their info. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 11:44:40 pm »
I feel so so bad for you and your baby, to think about him and his bad hips makes me want to cry. The breeder (and I use that term loosely) is no better than a puppy mill, only smaller. The letter she sent you, says exactly what kind of person she is, she is cold hearted, money sucking and totally uncaring. She should be thankful for your concern for the other puppies. Any caring and responsible breeder would be devestated to hear about a puppy she had bred who have these problems. And to have the nerv to blame you, rather than looking at her own dogs and since the mother passed away when they puppies were only 3 days, they missed out on the very important milk, and since she bottle fed them, what did she feed them with and why did mom die, so many questions and none of them make her look good. I am not quite getting if you on his papers can see the OFA results under each name. There should be a excelent, good, fair or bad under each of the names who have been x-rayed. If they are indeed not tested, but she said they were when you bought the puppy, you can get her for giving you wrongful information. I would also file a complaint with AKC, and the breed club, and any local breed club there might be, also file complaint with BBB, every bit of disturbance this woman's breeding gets is a +. You can also research both via the breed club and online, through her name or kennel name, check with AKC how many litters she has registered, what parents and then go to work and check if the dogs are x-rayed or not, the more you have on this breeder when you file the complaints the better it is. I will be thinking of your baby and hoping everything turns out well, please keep us posted with how he is doing. Give him big big hugs from me

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 11:02:03 am »
well i give him so many hugs every day all i am every doing is holding him still, im surprised i haven't killed him by now...but i'll try to squeeze one in for you!

i am trying to gather up a bit of info....but your post was very helpful, thank you.

thank you ALL for your replies and concern!  it means a ton!  so many people do not understand...a nd when i tell them whats going on they say "is it worth it to pay that much money for a 6 month old pup?  just put him down"...then you hate those people and aren't friends with them anymore and just feel alone!  i LOVE HAVING DOG PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 11:12:45 am »
 >:( That is such a common thing to hear from people that are not dog people (even some that concider themselves dog lovers) "why dont you just get another one" That always leaves me totally stunned.... Would you tell someone with a sick child to forget about it and go home and make another one??? Nope... noone would even think that, so what makes people think of dogs as less of a lifeform. I totally understand you feeling of being lonely, when you all the time have to defend your feelings and your actions, simply because you hold a dogs life close to your heart. But you know, you always have us here, you go on and scream when you need, cry when you need and laugh when you can, and we will still be here and listen and talk. We are all the same kind of people in this little place, and it is a wonderful place to go to, isnt it??

Hugs Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 11:41:42 am »
its my favorite place in the world!  im not kidding.  i told jaime that also....i just love it here.  im not a huge internet person, i do email, and that is about it...but i was on craigslist looking for a place to move and looked in the pet section and found this site and i just know it was fate i went there that day...because now i have met all of you wonderful "doggie people" and i do finally feel like there are people who understand what i am talking about and feeling.

lol....the go out and make another kid comment cracked me up, because i have told quite a few people that same thing in the last couple of weeks, they say put him to sleep, and i say as soon as you murder your kid...i am fed up with people who dont give a shit about animals, and who dont understand that i love mine more than life itself.  they tell me to get another pup, and i look at them with disgust and they are like "what"....i like my dogs more than i like most people....they dont talk back, they listen to me (most of the time lol, and more every day), they are SOOO excited every day when i wake up or when i come home or when i walk past the treat bowl.....they have nothing but LOVE, and they are the coolest EVER...and then there are cold hearted people who just say, put him down and get another....lik e they are a f-ing pair of shoes.  it drives me NUTSO...but you guys all understand and i love that.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 04:06:23 pm »
I think a lot of us feel like this place is our home away from home, funny isnt it, how a forum with people you have never met, can be such a great support. Oh yeah, when you said how you like your dogs more than most people, I came to think about an old joke "the more I get to know men, the more I love my dogs" granted hubby of course said "the more I get to know women, the more I like my truck" hehe so I guess it all depends...... While at it, one of my fav. is "all men are idiots, and my husband is their king" Okay I'll quit now or I may get carried away lol....

Marit