Author Topic: Our feelings were hurt today...  (Read 17134 times)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Our feelings were hurt today...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 12:36:11 am »
Don't take it personally Bear... I cross my dogs to the other side of the street when any dog is approaching large or small.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 12:51:09 am »
I know how you feel!!...Samson & I have had that happen too!!!...You should get Bear a puppy so he always has someone to sniff! ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 01:21:29 am »
Thanks for all of the love guys! Bear feels very wanted now. And thanks for the super sniff Ranger.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 02:14:16 am »
Sorry to hear of your woes, Bear.  You can come visit us anytime.

I've been lucky lately.  I never see newfs around here, but I've seen two in the last week.  One down by the beach, which I couldn't visit with b/c I had Dakota with and she is leash aggressive (and the lady didn't seem that interested in saying hello anyway).

But last night when I was taking out the garbage, a guy was pushing a baby stroller and a 12 wk old newf puppy that I just HAD to see.  Not that he could have left anyhow, the puppy was pulling it's way back towards me...........l ol.  I couldn't see him very well b/c we have no street lights, but I could see he was a little fluffball and oh so adorable!!

Blair

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 02:17:53 am »
Ive seen one Newfie and I about had a heart attack LOL I felt sorry for the owners, having this crazy women go up to them all excited talking about their dog lol I was up in Vermont, when i seen her, and figured I better go enjoy her cause I was never going to see another one till I was back up in Vermont  :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 02:25:17 am »
I guess I should correct myself........ .........the guy was not pushing a baby stroller and a newf puppy. 

He was pushing a stroller and walking a puppy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:25:44 am by ZooCrew »

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 03:39:40 am »
WE ARE A RESCUUE TEAM,NOT ASSASSINS!!!,DID YOU EVER SEE THE PREDATOR?!!! THEYARE GENTLE BEYOND   WHAT YOU KNOW,UNLESS YUU'RE IN  THE COMPANY OF NEWFIES!!!! JUST DON'T MESS WITH THEIR OWNERS!!!MY NEWFIE EATS OUT OT THE SAME BOWL ALONG WITH MY KITTEN AN 2 BABY DUCKS!!!WEHEN HE'S NOT LICKING THEM OR THEEIR NOT SLEEPING INVISIBLY TOGETHER BETWEEN HIS FRONT LEGS!!! DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY THEIR LARGE SIZE!!!,THEY LOVE YOU MORE!!!! THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW OR IMAGINE!!!!,BELIEVE ME!!!!THEY ARE GENTLE!!!!!!!!!,as any newfie owner will tell you!!!!!!THEY ARE BRED TO RESCUE DROWNING SWIMMERS!!!!THAT IS THEIR FORTE!!!!!THAT AND WORK,READ UP ON THEM!!!!!!AND YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THEY ARE WHAT LORD BYRON SAID
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:46:47 am by Jacksmom »
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 03:45:12 am »
I HAVE NOTICED JABEAR!!! THAT EVERYBODY!!!,EVEN OTHER DOGS,SEEM TO BE INTIMIDATED BY THEIR LARGE SIZE AND FEROCIOUS APPEARENCE?? PERHAPS WE ALL JUDGE BY THE THINGS THAT ARE NOT IMPORTANT???
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 04:36:21 am by mrpuppy »
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 09:20:05 am »
awww bear! fumble would LOVE to play with you! we went for a walk yesterday and a golden and other mix just walked right by.. fumble's a social pup and just wants to say hi!  we feel your pain! and he's only half is size. i'm afraid that no one's going to want to play with him when he's full grown. he's just a big baby! i can't believe the people wouldn't want to see bear either.. such a gorgeous dog! tisk tisk on them!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 09:44:43 am »
Oh Bear!  You can sniff us any day!  :)

GR8DAME

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 09:53:41 am »
I understand your pain, Jaimie. When I would take my two dobies for walks, people with and without dogs would literally cross the street to avoid passing us. It still happens today, with the danes.
I figured this out tho... Fear + People + big dog = Stupidity. If you are that afraid, I want you across the street and as far away from my baby(s) as possible. I know what my dog will do in most situations, I am not that sure about you, and I don't want to find out.

So hang out on BPO, Bear, you have lotsa friends here to cyber-sniff.
Stella

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 10:23:26 am »
Hi

Now why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that they were avoiding bear!!

Jamie might you have been having a particularly bad hair day  ;).

You are both so regal looking maybe those you passed just felt not worthy  :D with their not so Big Pawed companions.

Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 10:24:40 am »
LOL.   

I think I'm an exception to the rule.  Even before my BP's I would run up to dogs (even the big ones) and just gush all over them.
Sometimes I was more afraid of the owners ... not the dog.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 10:25:13 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 10:38:16 am »
Sometimes I cross to the other side of the street when i see other dogs approach.  Not because I scared of other dogs but because I know with both my dogs, not knowing the other person's dog, and the fact that Maia may get scared of the person (not the dog)' it would be really difficult for me to control my own dogs.

I would definately let Rocco and Maia get sniffed by Bear.  Rocco would automatically play bow and want to run around.  Maia would hide from you for a minute but warm up quickly.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Anakalia

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 10:53:57 am »
Oh Jaime I'm so sorry people were avoiding you.  That happens a lot here too, either that or the stupid/rude comments.  See my avatar? That's what Koby does when we're on walks looks like a dorky uncoordinated dog with his tongue sticking out, and that looks vicious?  I don't know maybe it's best those people avoided you they must have been total jerks or idiots one of the two!