Author Topic: The "E" Word  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
The "E" Word
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:36:19 pm »
I cannot believe this weather....   I think it's building up for "THE BIG ONE".

First ... it's freezing cold...  I mean I think it got down into the 50s.  Then it's raining ... it rained on our parade ... that's never happened for as long as I've been alive.   NOW ... it's in the mid-80s.  I'm burnin' up.

Yep....  We're gonna have "THE BIG ONE" soon.

And who ever said that there are no Earthquake warnings.

Oops ... I said it.... The "E" word.

I just love Southern California.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: The "E" Word
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:49:29 pm »
It is VERY weird weather.  Let's hope it DOESN'T mean a big 'E'. 
BTW:  I HATE hot weather in the winter time.  It's just too weird!  I couldn't take the Newfers with me on errands today because was just too hot in the car!

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:51 pm »
I can do without the "E"s but the warm weather is the BEST.  This is why I live in southern California.  Although we do get temps that drop down to the 30's during the winter months daytime it's 60/70's.  The desert has such bizarre weather.  We even get snow up here.  The nice thing is most of the time the snow is gone before 2pm.  The really weird thing that has been hard for me to get use to is the 30 - 40 degree temperature change from night to day.

Have I told you how much I love the desert!!!!

Cindy

P.S.  I was sitting out on my patio this afternoon enjoying the view of the snow cover mountains....i n my shorts.  Yes, we finally have snow from our storms last week, better late than never.

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 10:19:27 pm »
I can do without the "E"s but the warm weather is the BEST.  This is why I live in southern California.  Although we do get temps that drop down to the 30's during the winter months daytime it's 60/70's.  The desert has such bizarre weather.  We even get snow up here.  The nice thing is most of the time the snow is gone before 2pm.  The really weird thing that has been hard for me to get use to is the 30 - 40 degree temperature change from night to day.

Have I told you how much I love the desert!!!!

Cindy

P.S.  I was sitting out on my patio this afternoon enjoying the view of the snow cover mountains....i n my shorts.  Yes, we finally have snow from our storms last week, better late than never.

I am enoying the view of the snow capped mountains too...  I from the South side and you from the North side.   Snow won't be there for long though with this heat.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:21:04 pm »
I don't care if we DO have an earthquake, as long as is doesn't SNOW on me!

I love it when it when it's 80 degrees in January.  I'm not only in pedal pushers, I am wearing SANDALS!  In JANUARY!! 

Southern California weather rocks. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 03:27:50 pm »
Eeek!  I hate it when it is 80 in January.  Something isn't right.  Global warming.  Earth spinning too close to the sun.  Whatever...   :D

I always think of Santa Ana conditions as earthquake weather, I don't know why...  When everything is so hot and still, yet windy at the same time.

Either way, it IS totally weird weather and I hope we don't get the Big E!   
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline cubes

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 05:17:17 pm »
my goodness i dont know how i would cope if i thought that we would have a "E" here i would prob super glue all my stuff to the walls and shelves, guess i am lucky living in England as we dont never really have any suprises with out weather its always crap, but i love mucking about in the woods with my dog getting coverd in mud then going into the local supermarket trailing mud every wer lol, naughty but but i get a kick out of it walking arounbd the store looking like a mud monkey

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 06:28:22 pm »
I don't mind wintertime santa anas......as long as I remember to drink a gallon of water a day I'm fine.  :D

I was really upset, however, at how crappy the weather was over the weekend. For years I've been trying to get my aunt and uncle to come visit me. After 5 years of nagging, they decided that this was the year, and DROVE all the way from Toronto to see what all the fuss was about. O man.
I think they experienced about 15 minutes of much hyped socal sunshine. My poor uncle's dream fishing excursion was ruined by a downpour accompanied by 45 mph wind gusts. Of course it started after they rented the boat, got the permits, loaded up the cooler of beer and settled into their little spot on the lake. Later, my boyfriend quietly  revealed to me that he has bad luck with fishing and rain. 

So, I'd like to apologize on his behalf to everyone for the unusual nasty weather. It's not the big E.......it's all Chip's fault.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:31:06 pm by teamshredit »
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 06:33:25 pm »
In the words of Maynard of the band Tool,   "Learn to swim". 

Gulf of Arizona, here we come!  It's only a matter of time and unless you are in a major city, you should be ok.  I'm heading to Mt. Shasta this weekend, so I'll be just fine if anything happens.  Hey, it beats tornadoes and hurricanes, right?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:37:37 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 06:39:58 pm »
So, I'd like to apologize on his behalf to everyone for the unusual nasty weather. It's not the big E.......it's all Chip's fault.  ;D
Dang you, Chip!  It is all your fault that our power went out for a whole 45 minutes over the weekend.  (I am being facetious - I survived that big Midwest blackout thingy, I can live without the Rose Parade for 45 minutes  ;)). 

Nonetheless, although I like rain, the dogs don't like going outside in it unless it is a walk.  They get this look on their faces like "Why the heck is water coming from the SKY?  Is this not San Diego?  Outside?  I think not."  I spent most of the weekend saying "Are you SURE you don't have to go pee?"

Newf Lover, when you float past me after Cali breaks off into the ocean, can I get a tow from Drake?   I just don't think Ranger is that strong a swimmer!  ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 07:34:10 pm »
In the words of Maynard of the band Tool,   "Learn to swim". 

Gulf of Arizona, here we come!  It's only a matter of time and unless you are in a major city, you should be ok.  I'm heading to Mt. Shasta this weekend, so I'll be just fine if anything happens.  Hey, it beats tornadoes and hurricanes, right?

Just watch.......th e Imperial Valley will become prime coastal property. Long live the Salton sea! Sell everything and go to Brawley!!!
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 07:36:54 pm »
If you don't want the sun, can you send a bit over here, my girls are turning white after swimming in the river and icing up. if you can arrange it, an hours sun in the morning and the same in the evening would be great it would save them from the cow dryer!!

Andy Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »
You can have the sun!  I've just been out digging in the garden and sweating...yes, I know it's unladylike!  But it's not a glow, or persperation.  It's SWEAT.  When I was in the car earlier running errands, it was 88 degrees  :P.  I hate it!  Nostaw (is that watson backwards??), please....come take as much sun as you'd like.  Cowboy and Chester are passed out on the stones looking for cool.  The roses that should be getting pruned, as I write, are all in bud.  Now what????

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 07:54:39 pm »
the weather where i live in kentucky has been exceedingly strange too!!! ???no snow, almost no cold!,and it has recently gone up into the mid 70's!!! ???,and is going to do it again,for at least the next ten days!!! ??? i think we're all in for the big one!!!
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 07:56:50 pm »
HEY!

Do not just blithely give away our sunshine! 

We should GET SOMETHING for it.  What's wrong with you?  Are you some kind of a communist?  Geez, louise!

ALL RIGHT LISTEN UP.

We will agree to send some of our California sunshine and 10 of our 82 degrees your way for 300 puppy kisses per dog,  payable in advance. 

See, Mari?  First, we get puppy kisses, THEN we send them the extra sunshine.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad