Author Topic: Nee and I need your help (New Update!)  (Read 19016 times)

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: Nee and I need your help
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 12:44:56 pm »
I know this probably just seems like idle words, but let us know what we can do to help.  I can't believe you are having to go through this on top of everything else right now.  My heart really goes out to you.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 12:52:39 pm »
Well, sweetie, that just sucks.  I wish there was some way I could fly out there and rescue you...

I agree with the general consensus that your grandfather is in a lot of pain right now, and is lashing out, and doesn't really know what he is doing. 

At least Nee has somewhere to stay for right now, and that buys you at least a little time...  Maybe you can talk to your Grandfather again, once he has a clearer head, and really make him listen as you explain that not only is Nee your beloved companion, but also medically necessary to you.  I think he probably really has no grasp of the commitment that you have to Nee.  Plus, does your grandfather really want you to have to find another place to live, possible moving out of the area and severing ties with him?  Maybe he doesn't understand that it might come down to that...  After what he has been through with the loss of your grandmother, I can't imagine that he would want to "lose" you as well...

Otherwise, moving to Nashville sounds pretty good too...   ;)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GR8DAME

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 01:21:19 pm »
First, let me say again how sorry I am that all this is coming down on you.
Second, a stroke is NOT caused by stress, it is caused by a loose blood clot, a MEDICAL CONDITION. For which neither you nor Nee have any responsibility .
Third, I think it is time for a family meeting. Include Gramdpa, and your holy sister, Mom and whoever else is primary. LAY DOWN THE LAW. They all are perfectly comfortable watching you give up your life, and Nee, to stay with an elderly relative and handle everything they do not want to be bothered with. Why not. They make no effort and are free to do whatever they want, while you take on everyone's burdens. Tell them the free ride is now at an end. You are tired of giving things up, and will NOT give up Nee. So either they make other arrangements for Grandpa (How about a nice nursing home--suggest that) and start giving up their lives to babysit him, or they leave you and Nee in peace. They may suddenly decide that Nee is far better with you.
If they choose not to support you, well, we had a collection here for the Katrina Disaster...Why not one for the Ang Disaster/apartment fund.
I'll contribute to that one.
It's time to stand up to them hun, and make some tough decisions.
Stella
PS_ No matter how much pain the old man is in, he has some nerve offering YOUR dog to strangers. Where he goes, if not staying with you, is up to you, not him. He has already done quite enough.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 01:24:28 pm by GR8DAME »

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 01:25:46 pm »
My Dad kicked Rocco and I out after my Mom died using the excuse that Rocco was destroying his house.  Really, do I seem like the type of person that would let my dogs destroy anything.  Just give your Grandpa time, make sure Nee doesn't do anything disturctive, or even remotely annoying to him.  Keep Nee out of his sight, out of his way, and then spend as much time as possible outside the house with Nee.  Make comments about having to because you need to spend time with Nee since he means so much to you.  Let your Gramdpa know how much Nee means to you.

If possible don't give up and move out right away.  I made that move and my relationship with my father has never been the same.  Granted it was never great but it is now worse.

Good luck and follow your heart but remember it is his home.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 01:32:43 pm »
I have already informed my mom that I'm not staying there without Nee.  It's in the middle of nowhere and I dont' feel safe without him.  She said "We'll see", I said there was no SEEING about it.  If Nee goes, I go.  The end.

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 01:38:35 pm »
If they choose not to support you, well, we had a collection here for the Katrina Disaster...Why not one for the Ang Disaster/apartment fund.
I'll contribute to that one.
It's time to stand up to them hun, and make some tough decisions.

WELL DONE, Stella!!!

Yep!  I'm standing right next to Stella on this....AngDis aster/ap't fund  (ADFD ;D)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 01:47:24 pm »
I have already informed my mom that I'm not staying there without Nee.  It's in the middle of nowhere and I dont' feel safe without him.  She said "We'll see", I said there was no SEEING about it.  If Nee goes, I go.  The end.

Sweetie, Nee is your service dog, right?  Does that not mean that he is medically necessary for you?  Does your family really want you to go without something that is a MEDICAL NECESSITY for you? 

I might need to adopt you.  It is technically possible that I could be your mother, if I had you kinda early...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 01:48:34 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »

Sweetie, Nee is your service dog, right?  Does that not mean that he is medically necessary for you?  Does your family really want you to go without something that is a MEDICAL NECESSITY for you? 

I might need to adopt you.  It is technically possible that I could be your mother, if I had you kinda early...

My family is of the mind that only blind people need service dogs.  They would rather I be drugged up on Meds than use Nee as my alert and support dog. 

I always knew you were my real mommy! :D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 01:56:49 pm »
Oh Ang! I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Maybe in time your gramps will calm down and look at things rationally. For right now though, i agree with keeping Sanity at Moni's and then figuring out what to do. Keep us updated ok and let us know if there is anything that we can do.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 02:10:57 pm »
Oh honey, I am so sorry.  As if you hadn't been through enough lately, and now this.  I agree with Stella 110%.  I couldn't have said it any better myself.  Until then, I think keeping Nee at Moni's until a decision is made is the best plan. (Moni - BTW...YOU ROCK!)

If you need anything at all, please let me know.  I'm in NC, but luckily I got connections in the airline industry.  :)

I'm thinking of you sweetie.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 02:23:15 pm »
Again I can't thank all of you enough for how awesome you're being.  As for an Ang apartment fund, Katrina destroyed thousands of lives.  This is just me!  I'll figure something out, I always do, but your support is amazing as always!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 02:55:12 pm »
I am so sorry that you are going through this. But I really agree with Stella. It is time that you start thinking of you! You spend so much time thinking/taking care of everyone and put yourself last. Now it is time to put yourself first! Don't let anyone walk all over you hon, you are worth so much more than that. We all understand that Nee is a part of you, all our fur kids are. ANd none of us would give them up for anything. Stick to your guns, Nee stays and if they don't like that option then they will have to live with it. Good luck, and we are all here for you.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 03:09:22 pm »
 This is just me!  I'll figure something out,

And that's just one reason we love you.  You just pull up your big girl panties and keep going.  But I know we all mean it when we offer to help.  All you have to do is ask! :)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 03:38:16 pm »
This is just me!  I'll figure something out,

And that's just one reason we love you.  You just pull up your big girl panties and keep going.  But I know we all mean it when we offer to help.  All you have to do is ask! :)

Yes my panties are quite big!  (Thanks Mari I needed that.  I laughed for like 5 minutes)

Offline cubes

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 05:37:16 pm »
 :-[ thoughts are with you guys, when will ppl undertsand that our dogs are not just a hairy PET, they are a companion, in my case mine is my flat mate, and if he could drink beer, we would be at the pub all the time. >>>dogs causing stress<<< its i think medically proven that having a mate (PET) around actually reduces stress....

I think that your farther is just using your dog to take his mind of thinking about what has happend... wen we dont really undertsand why somtimes sad things happen, its always easy to pick somthing that is actually close to you to blame....

WE ALWAYS TAKE OUR ANGER OUT ON THOSE CLOSEST

good luck guys & #3 is good with me