Author Topic: Nee and I need your help (New Update!)  (Read 18928 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Nee and I need your help (New Update!)
« on: January 05, 2006, 11:32:50 am »
As most of you know my Fram passed away suddenly last week.  Sanity and I had been staying with them to help out.  Well Sanity has been staying with Moni, and I was going to pick him up this week.  I get a call from  my grandfather to call him so I do.  He informs me that Sanity isn't welcome in his house anymore.  That he causes too much stress and that's what killed my grandmother.  That he wasn't going to deal with it, that he wasn't going to baby sit him.  I'm obviously in shock and trying not to cry and he says "I know you love him but someone else will love him just as much."  He then informs me he wants Sanity gone before he leaves for Florida at the end of the month.

For those who don't know, Nee is my baby boy, the light of my world, my best friend, and the only thing of value I have in the entire world.  Just pawning him off on someone else isn't something feasible.  Matt's mom can only take him in small doses.  She constantly says "He's a good dog, he's just TOO BIG!"  Which as we all know is BS as big dogs take up less room than the smaller hyper dogs, but we aren't going to get into that. 

I just got a job and I don't have the money to get my own place right now, but TRUST me I'll be working on it.   Matt has been working on his mom to no avail, my mother said "Well it's probably for the best because he's so expensive anyways" and I'm SOOOO pissed off because no one understands, he's my baby.  They think when i say I love him I mean like I love a pair of jeans that makes my butt look good.  They can't contemplate how important he is to me.

I had spoken to some people about this yesterday, and they suggested that I keep him with moni until my grandfather leaves for FL, then bring him back, which'll give me a few months to figure something out.  However, today I get a call on my cell phone from a total stranger.  Apparently my grandfather is offering Sanity for free to people on the street.  Matt says that he's in the "Bitter Phase" of mourning. 

One of the suggestions that I got was if we all wrote to him to tell him how much Nee means to me.  That would only serve to get him REALLY REALLY mad!  My Fram would never stand for this if she was alive.  For all the problems she had with Nee she knew how much I loved him. 

So I'm just asking for suggestions from the only people who understand me and my goofy canid soulmate.  (I'm NOT moving to Florida Holly!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 05:18:37 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Nee and I need your help
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 11:39:08 am »
Here are my suggestions, they may not be practical, but hopefully they will make you smile (some of these you've heard before):

1. Get Matt's mom to move in with gramps, then you, Nee, Matt, and the rest of the canine crew can live in peace and harmony.

2. Find a sexy senior-ita for Gramps to fall for in Florida so he doesn't want to come back.

3. We can start a BPO housing assistance fund to get you a deposit and first month's rent (plus pet deposit, of course) on a house/apartment so you can move in with Nee.

4. Hire a psychic medium to connect with Fram before grampa leaves for Florida so she can chew his a** from the great beyond and he will be forced to keep Nee in the house or fear the "Wrath of Fram".
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 11:40:51 am »
I like number 3! :P

Also, Nee is my service dog.  Should make it a LITTLE bit easier to find an apartment.  But not much.  If it isn't a lab, Golden, or shepherd it's not a service dog in most people's eyes.

Blair

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 11:43:04 am »
Ang I am so sorry you are going through this  :( Ben said you can move in with us LOL [and I think he was serious] If I was closer you know I would take him and you in in a heartbeat. If Theres anything I can do, from way down here, please let me know. I really do mean it  :)

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
i can't beleive he is offering nee to people on the street.  if i were anywhere near you i would help foster him for you till gramps cools down a bit.  Headed to California anytime soon?  maybe there is another BPO up in your neck of the woods that can help out.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 11:50:28 am »
Sorry to hear this. Matt is right, he's looking for someone or something to blame and your pup seems to be it. Well, if you do #3, let me know, I'll contribute. I just really can't think of anythingelse other than move out.

Deena

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:42 am »
It's just so NOT fair for you to have to continue to have your heart broken! :'(  I COMPLETELY understand about loving your Nee as much as any other member of your family (okay....more!! ;D)  He is as much a part of you as your right ankle and to suggest you give that away is just inhumane!  and to just anybody off the street??!!! 

Of course your Grandpa is hurting!  but so are you and it doesn't make it right to lash out!  Maybe drag him to a grief counselor?

I agree...stay with Matt's mom until Gramps is gone, move back in and then make it your #1 goal to get out of there and on your own ASAP!  There is such joy with independance!!!

Please know that if you need option #3....I'm there for you!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 11:52:22 am »
Ang I am so sorry you are going through this  :( Ben said you can move in with us LOL [and I think he was serious] If I was closer you know I would take him and you in in a heartbeat. If Theres anything I can do, from way down here, please let me know. I really do mean it  :)

Thanks Hun.  (Thought Ben said no more Danes :P )  I don't know what I'm going to do right now.  I just keep getting knocked around, and to be honest it's REALLY starting to get me mad!

i can't beleive he is offering nee to people on the street.  if i were anywhere near you i would help foster him for you till gramps cools down a bit.  Headed to California anytime soon?  maybe there is another BPO up in your neck of the woods that can help out.

Moni is holding him for a while.  I'm going to pay her for his food and all that loverly stuff. 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 11:55:35 am »
I want to thank all of you.  This is why I love you so much!  You guys understand!   :-*  :-*  :-*

It's been killing me to be without my baby for a week, I can't imagine life without him.

Blair

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 11:59:26 am »

Thanks Hun.  (Thought Ben said no more Danes :P )  I don't know what I'm going to do right now.  I just keep getting knocked around, and to be honest it's REALLY starting to get me mad!

But you see Nee woundnt be my dane LOL But Seriously Ben said he is really sorry to hear all about this and we will help in any way possible. When he said you could come stay with us, I just turned to him and said " Why would I want a friend to live down here it sucks, I wouldnt wish my worst enemy living down here" LOL He was serious though, so just keep it in the back of your mind  :) I am so happy Moni is going to keep him a little longer for you, she is a wonderful friend  :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:03:08 pm by Blair »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 12:04:54 pm »
Uh... I'm in Nashville TN and we have been thinking about taking in a roommate and adopting a great dane... could this be fate? ;)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 12:05:04 pm »

But you see Nee woundnt be my dane LOL But Seriously Ben said he is really sorry to hear all about this and we will help in any way possible. When he said you could come stay with us, I just turned to him and said " Why would I want a friend to live down here it sucks, I wouldnt wish my worst enemy living down here" LOL He was serious though, so just keep it in the back of your mind  :) I am so happy Moni is going to keep him a little longer for you, she is a wonderful friend  :)

Thanks sweety, and tell Ben thanks too.  And Moni is fan friggin tastic!  And I need to send her flowers and stuff :P

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 12:07:27 pm »
OMG. I am soo sorry.
I feel that since most of us are into rescue, well hun, you need to be rescued!!! I will be happy to help you come up with some rent money. I wish I could offer you a place to stay but as you know I am over loaded right now. I would love to kick my son out for you and bring you in. but being a mom I can't.
Here is my email. I am serious about the rent money-
terribartos@yahoo.com
also I agree on getting nee back while your gramp's is gone, he miss's you.
good luck, please contact me.

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 12:12:21 pm »
Matt's right.  It sounds like your grandfather is lashing out at the people closest to him because he's p*ssed that your Fram died.  Its not fair to you or your family, especially after having gone thru so much already.  What would happen if you told him you were moving out with Sanity and you wouldn't be there to help out when he got back from FL? ???  Sometimes people say things before really thinking about the consequences later on down the road.  I'm really sorry this is happening.  If Moni needs a break, I think Boo and I are just over the border from her.  I've been thinking about whether or not I could handle two Danes ;D (not that I'm thinking about another puppy or anything...... ....)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 12:36:25 pm »
I had a mother-in-law like that ONCE! 
Sorry you have to deal with that and his anger.  Hang in there.