Author Topic: I have very upsetting news.  (Read 11956 times)

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: I have very upsetting news.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 05:00:34 pm »
Those people sound like they were awful!  I am so sad that one of your dogs died as a result of some human cruelty, but am glad that your other dogs will be ok. 

Even though I don't like my neighbors attitude towards the handling of her dogs, and they (her dogs and the owners!) are a pain to have around, I'd still never poison them.  Although I did tell her that if I caught them out chasing my horses for a third time then I'm going to catch them and call the pound.  She'll be forced to pay fines for allowing them to run rampant and have to bail them out.  Maybe then she'll take the steps on keeping him properly contained.  I'm not mean, but just tired of having to catch and contain a dog that's not mine, one that chases my horses and cats, fights with my other dog, will be attacked my my Dane if she sees it in the yard, and steals/destroys supplements and treats from our shed and barn that cost quite a bit of money to purchase for the horses.
Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 05:04:06 pm »
I am so sorry!  It is absolutely AWFUL that someone would take their anger out on an innocent animal...pit or not!  I must go back to my hypothosis that many humans just aren't human!  To call them animals would be to compliment them so we must go to a lower form of life....fungus???

>:(

dohertyswissy

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
OMG...that is awful!  I'm sooo sorry for your loss, Amber, and I truly hope that whoever is responsible is punished. 

Icerotti

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 05:18:15 pm »
Oh Amber , IĀ  am so sorry to hear that has happened. I am so sorry for your loss.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 05:18:47 pm by Icerotti »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 05:26:53 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss, I hope they catch the scumbags that did this to you and your family

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »
Oh, Amber! I am so very sorry to hear about Cotton. I missed this thread until today. Please accept my condolences. I definitely know how you feel and while there are no words that will ease your pain I know the support of this group and their kindness will help you through - it has for me.

Big hugs from your southern neighbor!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Maisy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 06:25:58 pm »
Amber,
Like everyone else before me I was so saddened to hear of your loss.  Then to read further that Cotton was poisoned just made me sick to my stomach.  For the life of me I just dont see how anyone could ever do that to an any animal.  My heart hurts for you and your fiance - you are all in my prayers.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 07:15:32 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad to hear that your other furbabies are going to be okay.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 07:22:12 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 09:15:28 pm »
Amber, I am so sorry. Unfortunately there are very cruel people out that. I hate that you had to loose your baby over that. They should be put in jail! Glad to hear that the other dogs are ok and get to come home.  I would ask and see if anyone saw anything strange in the past couple of days, it could have happened before last night and they got into it this morning. Also if you do find out they did it, take it to the highest level you can, I know it won't bring your Cotton back, but they need to know that stuff like this can and will not be tolerated. Good Luck finding out who did it.
Keeping our fingers and paws crossed,
Tasha, Tonka, and Nala

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:10 pm »
Oh no!  I was afraid that's what the result would be.  I'm glad at least you know what the cause was.

I don't know.......... ...if the neighbors movedo out two months ago, why would they go out of their way to come back and do this?  Has there been any issues with other neighbors?  Did you find anything suspicious around the yard?  (I know you have a big yard, so probably not)

I hope that they do catch whoever did this, so that it won't be repeated.

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 04:30:06 am »
My condolences to you and your family. If it is true that someone had intentionally harmed your dogs after having labeled THEM as threatening... .O the irony! I guess this proves that it is they who should be banned from society and not your furry protectors. Their actions will catch up to them as it reflects their nature.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 01:29:54 pm »
I am so sory to hear about this. I always tell my wife to keep an eye on the dogs when they are out. Since we have bigger dogs, some people are threatened by them and may do something like this.  I cant imagine anybody doing anything like this and it makes me sick.  Our thoughts are with you.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 11:59:08 am »
I'm so sorry about Cotton.  I wish there was a CSI for crimes against animals.  As smart as your other furbabies are, they'd probably be able to pick the evil poisoner out of a line up!

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Sarah
(& Einstein)
Sarah

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 01:02:51 pm »
God, people can be really sickening!  The worst part is that I'm not even surprised by people's stupidity anymore!  I'm so sorry that your baby had to pay for other people's blatant disregard for life!  My thoughts are with you. :'(
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)