Author Topic: I am sooo stupid  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I am sooo stupid
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:27:44 am »
Last night was very stressful here,  (family problems) so when my dogs started barking, I thought they were picking up on it.  After telling them to "shut up" and "shhhh" got out the squirt bottle and they settled down.  A few minutes later my boyfriend went out to go the store and said " the police are across the street" Some one broke into the little gas station again!! OK, I have to also admitt that this has happened before when I told them to shut up, yep the station was broke into. Duh, when will I learn???

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: I am sooo stupid
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:47:29 am »
The dogs are always smarter than the humans.  We will never learn.   ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:59:44 am »
Dogs have very keen senses. Zoey will react to people outside before we know they are there - when a stranger is walking up the walk, she will go crazy barking way before they get to the porch, and when I am coming home, she will run to the door with tail wagging before I even pull the car into the driveway  :o I guess somehow she smells that mommy is home even through the walls and the car  :o
RIP former BPO

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 09:30:25 am »
My dogs like to bark at things that I know are invisible, but they have a totally different sound to their barking if they hear someone or something outside that isnt the normal sounds of the night. I can pretty much distinguish the barking tones that require a "shut UP!" from me vs the barking that makes me go look out the front window.  Still, I dont always see what they are carrying on about, but I trust their ears and senses a lot more thqat I do my own!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 12:03:26 pm »
Bright and early (8am)  my three treed a SBC phone repairman up the telephone pole in the back of my property. Someday they will learn to knock on the door and let me know they are going to be up there. Til then, it's happy hunting for my guys.
Stella