Author Topic: Bill Marshmallow needs a home!  (Read 6752 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Bill Marshmallow needs a home!
« on: January 06, 2006, 06:07:33 pm »
Ok, this is a dog I have met myself and he is a sweetie pie! He is in Lebanon Tennessee, a very short drive from me and his owners are rehoming him because they know he would be happier somewhere else.
He is 3/4 Kuvasz and 1/4 Great Pyrenees. He turned 2 in November. Aside from being overweight and dirty, he is a great guy and would love to eat some high quality dog food and grow back some of the hair on his rear! When I met him he welcomed me with a great big smile and didn't jump up on me... however if he had I am sure I would have fallen over because this dude is HUGE! :D
Bill would love to go directly into a new home rather than be a foster dog, because he has known only one home since he was a little tiny baby with parvo. So let's find this guy a forever home!
I believe the owners are wiling to help with transport, and a crate will come with him. :)

The woman in the photos is 5'10" and she wanted potential adopters to know that she can stick her hands in his mouth and he is very soft and gentle.
If anyone has questions let me know.
 :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 11:24:02 pm by doghealer »

Kiahpyr

Re: Bill Marshmallow needs a home!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:14:12 pm »
Thank you so much Rebekah! You're an Angel!!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 06:16:00 pm by Tajsa »

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 06:55:43 pm »
He is just beautiful, I wish I could take him myself, but obviously that can't happen! I will spread the word, this guy deserves a good home!!!
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:54:13 pm »
I hope he finds a forever home - he looks so friendly!
RIP former BPO

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
aww hes just so cute, what county, i know theres at least 2 lebanons.. im in Tn also

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:06:39 pm »
What a great looking boy!  Is it ok, to cross post the info on some other boards?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 09:09:49 pm »
What a great looking boy!  Is it ok, to cross post the info on some other boards?

Lisa

Anything to help Bill Marshmallow get a home!

Thanks Lisa!

Oh- Angelsmama, he is in whatever Lebanon is northeast of Nashville on hwy 40.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:28:46 am by doghealer »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:31 pm »
*bump* for Bill...

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 11:02:52 pm »
Come on BPO I know you can help us find him a wonderful home that he so deserves. I am still so sad that I can't take him. :'(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 11:05:24 pm by Tajsa »

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 12:25:00 am »
What a cute guy.
I hope he finds a home soon.
Bill Marshmallow... ..what an awesome name!
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 09:26:06 am »
I have been cross posting the info and sending out e-mail,  we have to find this boy a home.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 08:42:09 pm »
What makes them think he'd be happier in a different home?  Is he a house dog that wants to be an LGD?  The other way around?  Not getting enough attention at home?
Daphne

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 08:53:45 pm »
Poor Bill Marshamellow. Fancy having him since he was a baby, nursing him thorugh Parvo, then deciding he'd be happier somewhere else! To me that would be like giving a child away! Nothing as strange as people.

He's a great looking dog - I hope he finds a good home soon.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 10:21:07 pm »
Well, here is the situation: Bill's owners are 65 years old. The woman is the dog's main caretaker (as the husband still works full time). She has been having serious health problems lately and now walks with a cane. (Keep in mind this dog weighs more than 120 lbs.) They have a large yard, but when Bill is let out in the whole area there are some neighborhood children who torment him. So they have been keeping him in a smaller enclosed area for his safety, but it is really too small. He is kept in the small yard during the day and brought in at night straight to his crate, than back outside in the morning. They have several indoor cats and apparently one used to tease him when he was a puppy so he has a "distaste" for cats now, which is probably what contributes to him being kept mostly outside.

It is a sad situation when any dog has to be rehomed. I think they have just come to realize that Bill is not in his ideal situation- they are unable to provide him the ideal life. So they are looking for someone who can.

After seeing him in his current home, I agree that someone else could make him a much happier doggie.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 04:04:36 pm »
I should not have looked again!  Goodness, he's cute!  I'm not really trying to look for another dog yet but the other part of me keeps looking.   Would the owners consider an LGD home for him or do they strictly want a pet home?  I really want another LGD but I'm not sure I'm ready.  I have 4 dogs in the house right now, 3 of them are antiques.  Anything I get MUST be outside full time.  How has the dog reacted to the tormenting by the kids?  Has it made him aggressive?  We have TONS of kids who visit and while I monitor all visiting kids closely, I would hate to have a past experience cause him to react negatively to kids.  My LGD space is about one acre fenced with cattle panels - 4' high, maybe a bit higher - very heavy fencing.  I like to walk dogs and try to walk daily.  Below is Thor's page which would be the setup/"work" for any dog that would come here.  I mostly need a dog that will do the LGD bark at night.  A friendly walking companion would be a bonus.  The birds are fenced separately from the dog and the dog only walks amongst the birds if I know they are trustworthy. 

http://www.longshadowfarms.com/thor.html
Daphne