Author Topic: Pic of my fat cat, lol  (Read 2970 times)

Lyn

Pic of my fat cat, lol
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:07:03 pm »
I had to share this pic. This is Fido (he acts like a dog, hence the name). He's so chubby that in order to clean his belly he has to sit like this to reach. He started gaining weight after being neutered.. He is on a diet now though, but he weighed 19 pounds the last time he was at the vets. He's my oldest cat, he just turned 9.

Kiahpyr

Re: Pic of my fat cat, lol
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:15:04 pm »
He's so cute! I have 3 fat cats and they do the same thing.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:33 pm »
Hahaha........ ......reminds me of my parent's last cat, who topped out at 23 lbs.  Of course he was part maine coon, and average weight for him was around 18 lbs........... .....but he did have the big buddha belly.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 12:30:12 am »
He's adorable :)
RIP former BPO

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 12:34:11 am »
Our cat (he passed on) would sit like that.  My kids would say, "Look at Tazzy....he's sitting like a fat little old man."    ;D

Hope that didn't offend.  I always thought it was kinda cute.
Tazzy was a Maine Coon.  At one point he topped the scales at whopping 28 lbs.
He was a lard butt.

Your kitty is adorable.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 01:06:44 am »
Lol, that cat is just the cutest thing! My cats are staying at my mom's house because my apt. won't allow pets. My calico has gained a good amount of weight because my mom feeds them wet food whenever they cry. Plus dry food all day long. I pointed out my calico's belly to my mom but she just says "o it's just extra skin." No, I don't think so!! Typical grandmother!
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 01:37:49 am »
He is sooo cute! And so well groomed for the size of him! I also have a fat cat and she does that same thing. All 17 lbs of her. The kids once sat her in the car and put the seat belt on her and she just sat there like a person ready to go for a ride. It was hilarious ;D
cuttles

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 08:26:40 am »
Cuttles
Ill have to bring my camra out to take a picture of Patches. That cat is fat!!
Lyn
Fido looks alot like my Kitty. Mine thinks he is a dog too. He even eats Judges food. None of my ther cats will touch the dog food. Fido looks really happy to be a BBK ( Big Beautiful Kitty).
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 09:45:57 am »
Thanks all.  ;D

He's a cool cat.. greets people at the door and plays fetch. That's why the name Fido kinda stuck with him. We got him just before my son was born and he was always so gentle and sweet. I was worried at first how he would react to a baby. But he was so tolerant. When my son was 3-4 months old he used to grab Fido and try sticking him in his mouth, and Fido would just lay there and tolerate it all. Meanwhile my son has his tail or ear in his mouth. LOL

Fido was actually a feral cat.. that these idiots were going to drown! I was expecting to recieve this wild claw happy kitten but instead he would just stiffen up when approached or picked up. It took him 3 days to adjust to people. 3 days.. that's it. Now my kitty Lucy is giving me a run for my money. She's a moody bugger. And she's NOT feral.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 02:05:39 pm »
What a big fat kitty!!!  When Fido runs, does his kitty flab swing from side to side?  So dang funny to watch that!  My cat Boo is on the heavy side, about 17 lbs. but he's a big Bombay so he's going to be heavier no matter what.  Because he's an outdoor cat, he stays in shape.  My sister had a cat that topped out at about 32 lbs!!!  His name was Ren and it turned out that he had a bit of a glandular problem.  I think I have a picture of him somewhere..... ..
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »
Tick is aptly named.  Her belly almost touches the ground.  She weighs like 11 lbs and should weigh about 6-7...oops.  She's diabetic too, so I get to give her her insulin shots twice a day.  She's our barn kitty so she eats and gets insulin on the horses feeding schedule (She would be a house kitty except Lacey would like to eat her and my dad would throw a fit).  She adopted us and unfortunately was declawed so her feet bother her but it doesn't stop her from catching the mice.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 07:08:54 pm »
Tick is aptly named.   (She would be a house kitty except Lacey would like to eat her and my dad would throw a fit).  She adopted us and unfortunately was declawed so her feet bother her but it doesn't stop her from catching the mice.

What about Kalamity?  Does she like Tick?  Drake loves our kitties and has never shown agression towards them.  I wonder if that's a Newf thing.  ???  Glad to hear that Tick is still earning her keep, catching those mice.  I've never seen my cats catch any mice, but they like to catch birds and play with them until they're dead.  SICKOS!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 07:34:46 pm »
Kali definitely loves the kitties although they don't exactly appreciate it ;D.  Kali likes to pounce on Tick because they used to play when we first brought Kali home.  The poor cat has a heart attack everytime so she now avoids Kali.  Hannah on the other hand is a very small black maine coone.  Kali will lose sight of her behind her nose and slobbers all over her which leads to a very unhappy cat.  Hannah lives in my brother's room, where Kali tends to sleep at nights.  Unfortunately Hannah knocked my brother's expensive glasses onto the floor and Kali chewed on them, which led to a very pissed brother although he could only stay mad for 2 seconds cause Kali gave him the sad, innocent newfie face that they do sooo well.  But I think the kitty issue is a puppy thing.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties