Author Topic: I'll save you Mommy!  (Read 2646 times)

lins_saving_grace

I'll save you Mommy!
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:14:17 am »
So...Friday night I was munching on Popcorn.  Yes the dogs were helping me.  I must have gotten a kernel skin stuck on the back of my tongue cuz I got all itchy and scratching and coughy.  I figured it would work loose and that would be that.  Oh NO!  After an hour of trying to work it loose I couldn't stand it anymore.  I wiggled it around (without getting to graphic) and it just started floating around on my tonsils and almost down my throat.  I could control the gag reflex no longer and started coughing (a cough that makes your eyes water and stomach hurt).  Lady didn't like that.  She jumped into my arms and hugged my so tight.  If I didn't know better I would say she was trying to give me the Heimlich maneuver.   
The popcorn worked itself loose and that was that.  Mommy wasn't chocking anymore. 
I thought it was pretty cool though that Lady got really worried and snapped into action. 

Kiahpyr

Re: I'll save you Mommy!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:15:52 am »
That's so sweet!!! She knew something was wrong and wanted to help out poor mommy.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 11:18:45 am »
She's a good girl.  It's really comforting though knowing she's so alert and attentive.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:29:08 am »
They know when we are in trouble. Betti, on the other hand, jumps into my lap at the first sign of trouble.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:37:03 am »
that's nice though.  Might be a blessing if it's a real emergency