Author Topic: I'm sold!  (Read 6128 times)

Offline dutch1204

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I'm sold!
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:09:25 pm »
I just need a place to share this and what better place.  Duchess is the first dog I have ever had.  She is a Flying W American Mastiff.  We got her last February when she was 9 weeks old.  She turned 13 months old last week and I have to tell you, she is the most wonderful dog.  Everywhere we go, people rave about how good and kind she is.  She is so gentle with my 2 year old daughter.  She is smart, loving, healthy and just the best.  I can tell you I am so in love with this dog, I'll always have one, for the rest of my life!  I love my American Mastiff and I love my Big Paws buddy!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Re: I'm sold!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:14:49 pm »
Oh....YEA for you and YEA for her!   
I can tell you are just bursting with love for her.  ;D

Aren't puppers just great great great?
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:09:10 am »
Well, congratulation s for you.  I know exactly how you feel, I get the same comments about my dane, Gunther.

Aren't the giant mastiff breeds great?  I hope I can always own one of one kind or another.

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:23:51 am »
It is the most wonderful feeling to have a big paw and love them that much!!! I can totally relate. That is axactly how I felt about my female Dane Sadie, We lost her a couple of months ago to an accident, but my new Baby Dane Kayzer is winning my heart in the same way and it is a great feeling! Congrats! Im so glad Duchess is such a wonderful Big Paw Pal.
cuttles

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 01:13:51 pm »
Oh great something else to lust over - Now I want a great dane and a mastiff!!!!  I just spent an hour on Flying W and Deepwoods.  Why do I want dogs that you have to pretty much give away your first born for?  When I wanted Harley (A Flat Coat) I had to search and beg for 5 or 6 months. 

Also, dh does poop patrol and probably won't like either of my choices - To bad love me love my dogs!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:44 am »
This is exactly the right blace to brag and gush - and you have every reason to do just that. Duchess is gorgeous!! and sounds like she is a great nanny-dog and best friend, too.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain