Author Topic: Dangerous cleaning!  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous cleaning!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 09:46:20 pm »
I think, rather than panicking everytime one sees an ingredients label, the thought process should probably contemplate how much of these chemicals are *truly* included. (meaning, how much of the chemical per unit, quart, serving size or whathaveyou.)

A trace of a chemical might not be lethal or detrimental in any way, versus bathing in said chemical. Take the Baby Shampoo....dri nking an entire bottle might be cause for concern, but as my mother used it on me, and I've used it on my two children and a bevy of pets, and have yet to see/hear of any damage, I think that it's safe to not panic.

As far as the woman linking the FeBreeze to the death of her parakeets...wh at else were the birds exposed to? In all of her daily routines, how did she suddenly link the FeBreeze to the pets? Sounds like BS and a way to make money by suing to me.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Hedda Garland

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous cleaning!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 10:06:44 pm »
I'd really like to apologize for any kind of panic I might have caused with this. For sure that was not at all my intention. I can judge neither the real cause of death of the dog nor the total of ingredients in the two mentioned cleaners. All I wanted to do is call for some attention in case of using these or other products.
I personally don't trust any of the big companies, there have been too many scandals after FDA approval of either foods, medicines, cleaners or others.
It all depends on how much and how many different ones one uses and of course in relation to the dog.
So, please don't see the post as panic call but just as an awareness one. LOL  :)