Author Topic: Muzzles  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Muzzles
« on: January 09, 2006, 11:47:04 am »
Does anyone here have to muzzle their puppins?  After a recent incident where Bo snapped at a man, I'm thinking about getting him a muzzle for when he's off the leash on walks or when I take him to see the vet.

Recommendation s?

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Muzzles
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:22:15 pm »
My sister in law put leather muzzles on her two male dobies to keep them from fighting each other, but the other dogs ate them off of them!  A big waste of her money.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:39:29 pm »
Raven, my female dobie was really abused before I got her, and had real issues with men. She was not mean, but fear agressive. I did use a muzzle on her at the vets' office for his hands on exam until I was sure that she would not bite him. She has not had to be muzzled in 7 years. I never tried muzzling her off leash. If I was that concerned for public safety I would not let her loose. I would be afraid that the muzzle would give the impression of a dangerous animal and if something DID happen, it could be an admission of liability.
Stella

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:38:09 pm »
Thanks.  Yeah, I don't actually EVER let him off his leash when I walk him, but my 15-yo son sometimes does when he walks him down by the pond.