Author Topic: Northern Calif. members...I need to pick your brains...  (Read 1991 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Northern Calif. members...I need to pick your brains...
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:41:57 pm »
My daughter wants to get married in the Napa Valley area (she lives in SF) and wants Cowboy and Chester to be in the wedding.  The only place they've looked at so far is Mayacamas and they don't allow dogs.   Short of not telling the truth:  that they are great hairy unattractive human family members with longish snouts  ::), do you know of any good places to stage an outdoor wedding for +/- 150 people that has facilities where the wedding party & families can stay on-site?  (about 25 people)

Since we are in Southern Calif., I have no idea how to begin.  Any direction would be much appreciated!!! ;D

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: Northern Calif. members...I need to pick your brains...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:04:02 pm »
Perfect question for me, I grew up in Napa and got married there as well.  We got married at Medowood Country Club in St. Helena and it was amazing.  The wedding coordinator there is Lori Wickersham and she did a really great job setting things up for us and was very accomodating.  They have plenty of units for your wedding party to stay in and they can accomodate a wedding of 150+.  It is a bit pricey to have a wedding there, but if it fits within your budget, it's worth every cent.  Here is their website:

http://www.meadowood.com/

As for bringing Cowboy and Chester, I don't know whether they would allow that or not.  We thought about having Drake in our wedding as the ring bearer, but we decided not to because we didn't want to have to worry about him plus it was August and over 100 degrees!  I can't remember if we brought that up with Lori or not.  I know that they do not allow people to walk their dogs on their property, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't make an exception for a wedding.  It never hurts to ask.

If your daughter is still looking for a wedding photographer, I highly suggest Richard Wood.  Yes that's really his name, don't call him Dick.  He used to be a fashion photographer and now he does weddings, he did a great job on our wedding and he's a really nice guy.  He lives in American Canyon so he's close to Napa.  I added some of his pictures of us below.  Here's his website:

http://www.richardwoodphoto.com/index.html

If you wanted to check out other options, many wineries will host weddings, you'll just have to do your homework.  I basically grew up at Meadowood and my Mom and Stepdad got married there as well, so we knew even before we had gotten engaged that we were going to get married there because of the special meaning of the place.  But you might want to look at other options since you don't necessarily have that same connection.  I'll look around a little for you and if I see anything, I'll let you know.  Good luck, Napa is the best place in California to get married!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:50:27 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Baileyboy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:45:50 pm »
Mari,
I was in a wedding a few years back at the Churchill Manor in Napa.  I thought the setting was wonderful and the family who runs the B&B acts as wedding coordinator too (as I recall) and they were wonderful.  The entire wedding party stayed there.

Here is the website:  http://www.churchillmanor.com

If you have any questions about it would be happy to put you in touch with my friend.

Not sure how they feel about dogs...send pics, they won't be able to resist Cowboy and Chester ;)

Susan

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 07:54:05 pm »
Wow! great idea!  I'll pass this on to her!

Thanks!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:53:16 pm »
Newf Lover...your wedding pics are wonderful!  So natural!   They are just amazing.  I'm definately giving her his name and website!

Thanks so much!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 12:49:41 am »
I can't be of any location help but congrats Mari!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.