Author Topic: Just in case  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Just in case
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:15:14 pm »
I don't know if this has been posted before, so I wanted to post it incase someone did not know what to do.
My son's dog ate 10lbs of chocolate one easter and we called the vet. He said to take the dog outside and pour a whole bottle of hydrogen peroxide down his throut. It made him throw up all the chocolate and then some. He was a mess but lived to tell about it.
I just read on another board of a dog eating chocolate and was not a member so could not post. (great dane room)
Sounds and is gross, but it does work.
Terri

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Just in case
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:34:16 pm »
Great advice! My vet has told me to do this before, too when Oasis ate a whole big bag of m&ms. It's cheaper than rushing them to the vet, anyway. And, even if it has been posted before it's a good reminder with V-day and easter approaching.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 01:35:05 pm »
Yup...it's a great trick.  It's not easy to make them drink it....but it gets out what shouldn't be in there.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 01:35:48 pm »
Whoa I had never heard of that! Thanks for posting! It is always good to know some emergency tips for situations dogs tend to get themselves in!!!

Blair

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:40:01 pm »
Yup...it's a great trick.  It's not easy to make them drink it....but it gets out what shouldn't be in there.

I had to make Zeus drink it not too long ago. Holy cow i never knew how string he really was  :o, but it did work

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 01:41:44 pm »

I had to make Zeus drink it not too long ago. Holy cow i never knew how string he really was  :o, but it did work

I bet he put a serious fight! 

Blair

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 01:44:43 pm »

I bet he put a serious fight! 

It was a work out trying to get him to swallow that stuff. And the whole time, Mr. Grey is looking at me like I am trying to kill Zeus LOL

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:46:58 pm »
I never thought I'd ask this question.....

How many turkey basters full? 

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »
OMG Blair..that must have been a huge struggle with Zeus. I have had to give Puck meds before  that he was not interested in at all. What a challenge that was. ;)

Good info to know...especia lly with Farley..I am sure he will be tasting it before long ::)