Author Topic: What is going on with my ears???  (Read 3637 times)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
What is going on with my ears???
« on: January 11, 2006, 01:27:59 pm »
This morning I noticed that one of Kayzers ears has decided to flop in front of his one eye??? He is actually kind of annoyed with it and he keeps shaking his head to move it! Has anyone else had this happen and is his ear going to stay that way??? And is there anything I can do to make it stay down flat? :-\Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)
I will try to get a pic of it later if I can.
Thanks
cuttles

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: What is going on with my ears???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:54:04 pm »
Sounds like it's just a muscle spasm. Ever have one of those, like around your eye? (mine does it pretty frequently) They're annoying, pretty much uncontrolable, but they'll eventually go away.

Might try and ear massage, the pupper's will love it, and it might ease the tension out of the area.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:11:22 pm »
I'd check inside to make sure there is no smell, discharge, discoloration.  Just to make sure that there is nothing out of the ordinary on the inside.

Not to scare you because it's probable NOT anything bad but....
Daisy is currently dealing with a nasty ear infection.
I thought it was just a bit of extra discharge in her ear so I let is go for a week. 
She wasn't acting all that different.  Not itching it.  Let me clean it. 
Had the vet check it on a whim and it turned out to be a really bad infection deep down.

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:52:18 pm »
Maggie is young too, and she's been holding her right ear differently lately.  They both used to be rather uniform, but now she flips the right ear up and holds it weird, and most of the time it's hanging over her eye.  She doesn't seem to be irritated by it though.  I don't know what to tell you.  Silly pup. ;)
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 06:21:49 pm »
I puppy sat this morning for Cuttles and Kayzer looks so funny. I rubbed his ear for a bit but I dont think it helped. He doesnt seem to be in pain .
I cant believe how busy I was with a puppy around. He sure kept me on my toes. Judge slept for the rest of the day after he left, Kayzer kept him on his toes too.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:10:17 am »
Maggie is young too, and she's been holding her right ear differently lately.  They both used to be rather uniform, but now she flips the right ear up and holds it weird, and most of the time it's hanging over her eye.  She doesn't seem to be irritated by it though.  I don't know what to tell you.  Silly pup. ;)
Well looking at your pic of Maggie it looks like her ear is doing the same thing as Kayzers but as of this evening it seems to have relaxed a bit.
I guess coonie must have rupped it out while she was puppy sitting today!
Thanks everyone!
Cuttles

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:15:52 am »
Gunther's do that periodically.  Sometimes it looks like one ear sits farther up on his head than the other......... ...........the n other times they look normal.  Don't know what to tell you as to why they may do that.