Author Topic: MP3  (Read 3671 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
MP3
« on: January 12, 2006, 12:06:25 am »
I'm looking into getting an MP3, but don't know which one to get... The Ipod looks good... but I dunno... So, I'm asking you guys =] Have any recommendation s?

Thanks!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: MP3
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:40:41 am »
thanks! I'll look into it!

Do you know how many MB or GB it has? And what was the price range?

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:55:56 am »
I kinda went the other route, not willing to spend the money for an ipod, I got a creative Muvo at a liquidation store for $25, has 256mbs and holds about 60 songs in mp3 format.  There are no cables, you unplug it from the battery and plug it into your computer, stuff copies quickly because it is USB 2.0.  It lasts all week on one AAA battery.

Dirt cheap, and I don't have to baby it, I use it when I am working on the house, the yard, exercising, etc... and I won't cry too bad when I smash it somehow.  I'm really rough on personal items like cell phones, watches, etc..

This is what I got.. it's a puny litle thing
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:08:46 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:59:50 am »
Well, my mom bought Molly an m:robe for Christmas. I'm not necessarily recommending it, but its pretty cool. It's made by Olympus. Its an mp3 player AND a digital camera. Its got this fantastic touch screen and holds like, um, I think a gazillion songs. They claim that you could drive from one side of the country to the other and not hear the same song twice...dunno about that..but, that's what they say. Its super cool, and Molly likes being able to take pictures with it, too.

Also, it has this cool software that allows you to combine your pictures to your music and make little music videos and stuff. Its kinda fun.

Google it. Olympus's website for it is super cool.

Just throwing that out there, cuz alot of people don't know about it. The main thing about it is that its kinda big, though.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:21:14 am »
do you know how much it was?

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:29:20 am »
I've got an iPod Shuffle and LOVE it.  It's smaller than a pack of gum; hooks directly to your USB port for uploading your iTunes and can also be used as a jump drive.  I will say that if you need/want control of current play the shuffle is not for you.  You can either play in the order the music was loaded or on shuffle.  Looking for "your" song is not possible due to the fact that the shuffle has no display screen.  A 512 will hold about 120 songs and the 1G will hold about 240 songs (16 hours).  I would also recommend that you check out Price Grabber (http://www.pricegrabber.com/) not only do they list the best prices but there are also reviews.  E-Bay is also a good place to get a good deal.  I purchased my 1G with $50 of accessories for $111.50, a savings of over $75.

Mack really likes it too so I am currently watching auctions for another 1G for him.  So if you decided to go the iPod Shuffle route on e-Bay watch out cause I will try to snipe the BEST deal.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:29:35 pm »
Hubby spoiled me this year and I got an iPod Video ;D. The Creative products are fabulous as well though, and I think they're more reasonably priced.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 01:48:53 pm »
I got the ipod photo over the summer and love it.  I also got the FM tuner for my car so now I can listen to it there.  But the ipod mini is good too and you can fit a ton of songs on them too.  I got mine at my college coop where they are cheaper plus I get money back on it too so it wasn't too bad but they do tend to be expensive.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 02:50:30 pm »

No, but I think they're less than $200. Not sure. (My mom bought it)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 04:26:09 pm »
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Creative Zen Micro.  I love mine and found it to be much more reasonably priced, for more memory in fact, than the IPod products.  Also, the great thing about Creative Zen, is that you can download music from a variety of sources and aren't a slave to ITunes.  For example, I pay $5.99 a month to the Yahoo Music Engine and can download unlimited songs to my Creative Zen.  Also, it has a FM/AM radio on it and a bunch other great features that I don't know how to work yet.   :D It's great!  Oh, and the snazzy colors are pretty cool too! 

Here's the website for you to do some research.

http://www.creative.com/products/

Glad you are enjoying yours Jenn!!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »

No, but I think they're less than $200. Not sure. (My mom bought it)

$200! WOW! I looked online, and the cheapest I could find it was like $350... guess I'll keep looking  ;D

Do you know what the quality of the pictures is?

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 06:47:14 pm »
Well, my mom bought it on ebay...so, I don't know....maybe I'm wrong about the price, though...

The quality of the pics isn't very good. That is one of the reasons I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for like, grown-ups that want good picture quality. I'm not sure of the exact resolution, but, not super awesome. Not super craptastic, either, but you know...hot the highest.

Echoing what Heather and Jenn and some others have said, the Creative products ROCK. I had a Creative..um.. don't remember the variety..but it was super cool. I loved how the thumb-drive was detachable. If I was working on a paper or something, I could pop it right into the USB and save my work. Also, If I had a file...like a group project or something that I wanted to share or show someone, I could just pop that sucker right in, too.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 01:06:04 am »
::bump::  :)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 02:41:22 pm »
I have an Ipod Shuffle and my husband has a Nano.  I think they're both great!  The Shuffle is tiny and also fits plenty of songs.  I work in a lab (on my feet) and just tuck it into my pocket all day.  It's great.  The nano weighs more and is a little more delicate but has a screen so you can choose what you want to play.  We haven't had it long (Christmas present), but it is very nice.  I would recommend either one.