Author Topic: British Humour - or lack of it  (Read 3644 times)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
British Humour - or lack of it
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:37:09 pm »
I Just got this email confirming the UK government has upped its terrorist alert state, thought I should share ;D

The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent bombings and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.
Slime flies when you're having fun!

enuffpaws

Re: British Humour - or lack of it
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 01:47:36 pm »
lmao great one ;D :P

dale ;)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 02:48:21 pm »
That is too funny!!! :D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
haha that's great  ;D
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 05:10:11 pm »
I must admit to sending it on to my British friends.....so unds JUST like him!  I adore British humour....it is so dry with a touch of caustic thrown in!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 08:31:30 pm »
British humour... you only have to look at our Prime Minister for a working demonstration of it... and we keep voting him back in! What does this guy and his cabinet of inept performing baboons have to do to stop us voting for them? Face it, even this week's debacle of having his minister for education okaying convicted paedophiles to work in schools doesn't get us past "a bit ticked off".  My bet is come next election, he'll be holding a kitten by the scruff of the neck with a gun to it's head (fake of course as we've banned guns here, don't you know, because they're so dangerous... coincidentally that was just before gun related crime skyrocketed). His whole election campaign will be "Vote for me or the kitten dies!" And we will because a constant diet of Celebrity Big Brother and other reality TV has finally rotted the region of our brains responsible for rational thought.

Can I just say that I learned everything I know from Bill Hicks.  :D

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 11:29:35 pm »
Ha haaaaaaaaaaa ha haaa ha ha!  That's a gooder!!!  :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:23 pm »
OMG! That's hillarious!

mjjensen

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 10:01:44 am »
 Your post was great. I've always loved British comedy. Red Dwarf, Jeeves&Wooster, Black Adder, and Mr. Bean are my favorites. I don't think US networks can hold a candle to the BBC when it comes to comedy. I've never heard of Steptoe & Son though.