Author Topic: We're Back from Peoria  (Read 1479 times)

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
We're Back from Peoria
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:39:21 am »
Well we're back. It was a very interesting weekend needless to say. After driving 2 1/2 hours north and finally finding the weigh in site and hotel. My husband is from down here and not from the Chicago area like I was before moving down here to Bugtussle or BFE like I call where we live :D. He is not use to driving in traffic or as I foundly call "The Big city"sitting calmly and watching him weave is way in /out of traffic was nail biting experience. Anyway we did make it with out wreakin the car.  Tyler took everything in stride since nothing phases him and would just roll his eyes at dad.  After checking in to the hotel it was discovered that Ty needed tape or covers for his shoe laces so off to the mall we go. Now to me this is no big deal but it was an eye opening experience for Randy and TY. At a sports store we walked in and was greated by a kid that had multi colored hair and the first words out of his mouth was "Where ya all from" :o? We asked for the coverings no luck so walked the mall. After seeing gangs members stationed outside of stores I told Randy it was time to go. He then kept telling Tyler to stay close. (LOL). Finally found tape that would work and went to the hotel. The next morning Randy got us up before day break to head for the convention center. I'm talking kids everywhere. Tyler was in a bracket of 16 kids and took 6th, which was great I think. He met tons of kids and really enjoyed himself. Anyway the weekend was fun even though it was kinda like the hillbillies going to the big city. :D
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: We're Back from Peoria
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
Congrats to Tyler, glad you had a good time, (minus the home boys, of course.)

Deena

enuffpaws

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:04:56 pm »
Congrats to Tyler. Sixth in a big meet lke that is fantastic!
Dale

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »
I'm glad you had fun in the big city! lol