Author Topic: Who Knew????? :)  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Who Knew????? :)
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:30:59 am »
Who knew that dog crates had mutiple purposes?  Jinx's crate (w/or w/out her in it) is one of Kendall's favorite places to play...supervi sed of course.  I thought this was such a funny picture and I wanted to share it....

Hope everyone has a great day! 
Sami
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Kiahpyr

Re: Who Knew????? :)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 10:36:36 am »
She's so cute! My daughter did the samething with Kiah's crate. Kids and puppies are great entertainment!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 12:03:17 pm »
Too bad you can't keep teenagers in there!!! :D :D :D :D

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 12:42:33 pm »
Teenagers go into a wooden crate with a slit to slide in food...at 18 you close up the slit.  That crate is WAY too open for that use.

What a cute kid.  Should be on the Gerber label!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:06:16 pm »
Absolutely right!  Sorry!!  My mistake.  Needs to be sound-proofed as well!! ;D ;D ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 01:33:20 am »
AW - that is absolutely adorable!!!  ;)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 07:21:56 pm »
Hey, I tried the Crate thing with my lad (he's 23) Any suggestions where to ship him to ;D

Andy
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 07:39:11 pm »
.....a monastery??  I'll add my 25, 23 and 19 year old lads as well and we can staff the whole thing!!

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:06:10 am »
.....a monastery??  I'll add my 25, 23 and 19 year old lads as well and we can staff the whole thing!!

I agree, as long as there is hard work involved. I've just heard he's giving his job up in June to travel to Germany to watch the world cup. His employer wouldn't give him the 6 weeks time off necessary. He's also mumbling about doing a Phd. on his return, so guess who's having to support him yet again and for another 3 years! I've told him that when I go GaGa in my old age, I'm living in a super deluxe rest home at his expense. ;D
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 11:33:40 am »
Great news...you are using up his inheritance!!  My 19 year old has made sounds about wanting to go to World Cup as well....but it would be on our dime.  I don't think so.  It's about that 'work' thing!  They do try to avoid it, huh.  A good monastery is what's needed.  Lots of physical work to tire them out would be a good thing!

A super deluxe retirement home....sounds good!  As long as they take Newfs, darling husband and I will be next door! ;D

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 04:34:07 pm »
2 of my nephews and Alyx were in Dazy's crate the night my husband put it together. lol  We closed the door as well. :D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 08:13:17 pm »
I was in a crate frequently and I turned out fairly decent.....My mom used to work at a greyhound track and her kennel was one of the good ones.  At any given time she was taking care of 80 + greyhounds.  Occassionally she'd take me in with her and for turn out I got put in a crate with one of the females while the males were out and in a crate with one of the males while the girls were out.  I loved it.  I had my favorites Melinda gogo, Mackey (who came home one day :P much to dad's dismay he was in washington at the time), Winddancer, Monster (by far the coolest dog i've ever met), Elmer Thudd(he loved huntin those dammmed rabbits), Roni, Elmira, Betty-Boop, and there were a ton of others.  I wanted to take the all home.  And I hope to rescue a bunch when I'm settled.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties