Author Topic: 2 ?s (Biting and Pics)  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
2 ?s (Biting and Pics)
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:27:54 am »
OK, I'm having a really hard time with my pictures. This could be a result of my lack of skills with computers or the fact that Sadie has allowed me to get maybe 45 minutes of sleep since she came home. I can see them when I click them on the desktop, but then when I try to put them on here, all I see is a box with a red x in the corner ???

Also having a tough time with a certain canine someone with biting. I know she's a puppy but this is ridiculous. She bites EVERYTHING. Ankles, toes, fingers, cats, what have you. My cats are being really good sports about it but I'm nervous that one of these days one of them is just going to haul off and hit her. I say no, means nothing to her. I gently close her mouth and say "No bites!" - she doesn't care. The second I let go she goes right back for my hand. Tried a squirt gun. I even tried growling at her! That worked for approximately 3.5 seconds. My friend told me to whack her on the nose when she does it but I'd never feel comfortable doing that. I'm at a loss as to what to try with her. I'd cut off my hand before I'd ever hit one of my animals anywhere in any capacity, and I'm taking lots of criticism for not doing that believe it or not.  A couple of my friends keep telling me that if I don't whack her when she does it, I'm going to wind up with a huge dog who bites. I don't think either one of them has ever raised a dog from the stuff they say though. Anyone have any training tips for mouthy dogs? Vet said something about using treats and teaching her the word "easy"? Anyone else try this?

I'm working on the pictures guys, I know it's a requirement.
-Sadie's (very tired and cranky) Mommy,
 Shawna
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: 2 ?s (Biting and Pics)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:46:13 am »
Shawna
Are your pictures in the right format? Are they the proper size? Im not very good at any of this so Im likely not the one to give advice. :-[ Hopefully someone will come on and help.
BITTING? I think you should be persistent with the" No Bitting"She will get it.My Sisters pup Kayzer (10 weeks) was pretty bad with the mouthing a few weeks ago but everyone just kept up with the "No Bitting" He is getting much better now. Again, Im sure someone else can give you more advice.
CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR BABY!! Try to get som sleep.  ;)
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: 2 ?s (Biting and Pics)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 08:14:34 am »
With the pics, I always have to shrink mine. With biting, I have successfully used Bitter Apple Spray, on Nala I would carry it with me and when she would bite I would squirt her directly in the mouth one time and say "NO".