Author Topic: AM's are like potatoe chips you can't stop at one!!  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Mountainmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
AM's are like potatoe chips you can't stop at one!!
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:41:04 am »
I know this is nuts, but I want an Apricot Mastiff now. My middle daughter (and other female of the house) is going to college and I have another bedroom available for a big slinger/couch potatoe.

I think it's my way of coping with empty nest  syndrome or the fact that the testostreone level in the house will now be 4 to 1.

What do you all think?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: AM's are like potatoe chips you can't stop at one!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:59:52 am »
I feel the same way about Newfs!  After having four teenagers...gi ve me a Newf (or two!!)
I read a story about the Prince Phillip tripping over one of the Queen's corgis and swearing about how many she had.  Her reply, I think sums it up for all of us crazy dog people:  "Phillip, Corgis are just so collectable!!!" ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 02:00:27 am »
Not at the empty nest synderom yet, but I have always found plenty of reasons why it is better to have more than one lol...... It is soooo good for them, not having to be alone (I am an stay at home mom) so with one more they have company. Many many years ago, when I went from one to two, I said "well whats the difference I have to be here anyway" so then we had two, then I said " oh well if you have two you can just aswell have three" and three we had, then I said....... okay you get it lol..... So more or less my whole life I have had more than one dog, we have 4 now and if it was up to me we could easily have a couple more, but hubby thinks 4 is much.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 05:20:18 am »
lol, when i was thinking about getting angus, i was talking to my landlord and asked him if it was okay....he looked at me and said "one dog like two dog like three dog like four"....so apartently he thinks the same way you do LOL

Offline KBMastiffs

• Gnawer
  • Me and my favorite girl, Meme (I'll always love u)
    • View Profile
    • Mastiff Club of America
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 01:30:42 pm »
I know this is nuts, but I want an Apricot Mastiff now. My middle daughter (and other female of the house) is going to college and I have another bedroom available for a big slinger/couch potatoe.

I think it's my way of coping with empty nest  syndrome or the fact that the testostreone level in the house will now be 4 to 1.

What do you all think?

:D Did you ever get your Apricot Mastiff?  It is a beautiful color.  Had a boy some years back, he was soo red and enormous, we called him Clifford.  lol We even registered him as Clifford the big redd dawg.  :D

Good luck on your search.  And here, www DOT infodog DOT com this site will help you find a local Confirmation show, sancationed by AKC, and you can meet and greet English Mastiff breeders who come to exhibit.  It's a great way to meet the actual dogs.

Gotta love the drool  ;D
Kerri, mom to Kacie and Atlas.  And missing deeply my baby girls, Storm and Meme.

Are you the type of person your dog thinks you are?