Author Topic: Pics, Trying ONE more time before I give up  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Pics, Trying ONE more time before I give up
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »
Hey all,
Hopefully this will work. I've tried a few times already. This is my Sadie and her kitty friends Gus and Maggie. The last two are a little prank my boy pulled at Christmas. I came home from work and he had somehow dismantled the Christmas tree. How he did it, I still don't know, but what a punk! Thankfully, there were no ornaments on it yet. Hope this works! I'm crossing my fingers!
-Shawna
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Kiahpyr

Re: Pics, Trying ONE more time before I give up
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:58:12 pm »
YAY! It worked! Those pictures are awesome! I have 3 cats, so I know how the whole christmas tree thing goes. Although, I have never seen a cat do that before.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:20:23 pm »
Great pictures...The last 2 are just too funny  :D

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:53:19 pm »
Whew! I was thinking you guys would just give me the silent treatment till I figured it out if I didn't get something worked out soon.

Gus is a very talented fellow. And NOT in a good way. In his defense, the top branches were tricky and I couldn't get them to stay in very well so he may have knocked them out just climbing it. But he almost looked like he was laughing when I walked in. It was too funny. He is famous for such antics. He was a stray so he must have picked up some tricks during his days on the mean streets of Lowell because my other kitty wouldn't DARE pull a stunt like that. The funniest part is he's so big, I have no idea how he got up there. We like to refer to him as Fat Boy Slim ;D

Sadie is kind of cute, huh? She looks so cute and innocent in her pictures - if you ONLY knew, LOL. Now if only I could figure out how to get her to behave herself! ::)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:15:25 pm »
Sadie is so cute!!!  She is just adorable with her toys.  Thanks for sharing your photos! :)

Edited to add: Cute kitties too!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 09:15:58 pm by Jessdryden »

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 09:20:25 pm »
WOW mom, Sadie is just darling. Im so happy to see that you finnaly figured out the picture thing. Cant wait to watch Sadie GROWWWW!! It wont be long and she will be huge.
I have 2 cats as well and they can really make you wonder sometimes.Grea t pics.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 11:21:32 pm »
Is that kitty a Maine Coon???????!!!! What a beauty!!! I have a Maine Coon myself and she is just too precious! She makes everyone laugh because she really talks to people. She says "no," and "mom" and "yes," and "hello." My mom swears she tells her stories! She is the most mischevious, fun, crazy kitty I have ever seen. She is a ball of wonder! And she looks just like yours!!  :D
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 11:37:29 pm »
Priceless pics!!...I think the cats...mostly Gus look more like Norweigan Forest Cats...I have a Maine Coon mix named Miss Fritzi...They are sweet & loving cats!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 12:04:19 am »
<Is that kitty a Maine Coon?!!!! What a beauty!!! I have a Maine Coon myself and she is just too precious! She makes everyone laugh because she really talks to people. She says "no," and "mom" and "yes," and "hello." My mom swears she tells her stories! She is the most mischevious, fun, crazy kitty I have ever seen. She is a ball of wonder! >

Yes they are both Maine Coons! Gus is part something else I think. No way to know though since we found him in a dumpster flea ridden and a bag of bones. Maggie is a purebred Maine Coon who I adopted from a HORRID breeder. Maggie was in the "Bargain Basement" because one of her legs is (very slightly) shorter than the other one so apparently she couldn't have been bred or shown. I ended up coming home with another kitty too because I couldn't leave her there. She had an Emergency C-section (lost the whole litter) and an emergency spay a week prior to my picking up Maggie and she just looked awful. The breeder was so cold about it that I just took them both home. Had to rehome the other kitty (Grizabella) because she HATED Gus and teetered between mothering Maggie and attacking her.
Both my kitties are talkers too. Most Coons are I guess. They both say Mom too! Maggie is more of a talker than Gus. They also both like water. Maggie jumps in the shower occasionally, LOL, a little weird for me. Gus will give his paw if you ask, and he gives hugs on command. Maggie is my little lady, she always sits with her paws crossed - hilarious.  It's funny, I think they both think that Sadie is a huge kitten who just smells funny :) Maggie mothers her and cleans her and Gus is the disciplinarian Dad who supervises things and gets on the floor to play with her.

<I love the cat pics.  You have a very good sense of humor.  I don't think I would have been so nice in describing the tree dismantling.>

Well, it happened a while ago so I'm over it. At the time, I was pretty POed. But it was totally funny at the same time. I was mad about the mess but at the same time it was so funny seeing him in the middle of all those branches that I just cracked up.

Sadie has the hiccups right now and it's the cutest thing ever. Every time she hiccups it freaks the cat out and he jumps. I guess cellphone pieces cause indigestion ;)

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 12:13:54 am »
Sadie, Gus & Maggie are all so sweet!  Thanks for sharing (and) I'm glad the pics finally worked for you!  ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 12:25:59 am »
Here's my Maine Coon mix, Miss Fritzi...

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 01:02:03 am »
awww!! Lol, I am just in love with Maine Coons...I tried to post pics of mine but it didn't work, I will try again...being a hairstylist, and having a pic of my girl on my station, I have heard the funniest stories about Maine Coons, they really are like no other cat!

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 01:03:50 am »
grrr

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 10:50:19 am »
WOW mom, Sadie is just darling. Im so happy to see that you finnaly figured out the picture thing. Cant wait to watch Sadie GROWWWW!! It wont be long and she will be huge.
I have 2 cats as well and they can really make you wonder sometimes.Grea t pics.
Coonie

Sadie is growing so fast it's actually scaring me. I go to bed at night and I swear when I get up she's bigger. I know they grow really fast, but WOW! A week ago I had no trouble lifting her, and yesterday I stumbled bending over to pick her up. She's getting heavy. Her bones are SO big. And she knows she's big too. She sits on my Maggie when they play and Maggie starts to win. I've tried numerous times to get a picture of that but Sadie has figured the whole camera thing out and she charges at me when I take it out :o She's quite a handful but non stop entertainment for Mommy!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 12:58:49 pm »
Oh Sadie is adorable!  Very, very cute!  Now that you have the picture thing figured out, you will have to keep sending in pics.  I also recognize that stuffed pig that Sadie has, our Maddie has one too!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ