Author Topic: URGENT! FURBABY NEEDS HELP!  (Read 8000 times)

Kiahpyr

URGENT! FURBABY NEEDS HELP!
« on: January 22, 2006, 12:31:13 pm »
I am very sad to inform you all that my new puppy has parvo.:'( She is at the vet’s office getting treatment right now. Please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts. As many of you know treatment if very expensive and there is no way to know if the pup will live. She is not living with me. I rescued her from a shelter in TN. I was supposed to get her on Friday. Here’s her orginal post. http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,7118.0.html.

As some of you know I am stay at home mom. I do have my own business selling Usborne books. Check out my full on-line catalog at www.ubah.com/d2438.  E-shows are available, as well! If you are interested email me at kiahpyr@gmail.com. You can also get free books! The money I make from this will go to the treatment of my new puppy I haven’t even got hold in my arms yet. :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:31:51 pm by Tajsa »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT! FURBABY NEEDS HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »
OHHH I am so sorry, Sending good vibes your way and hope for a speedy recovery!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:00:38 pm »
We're so sorry to hear that...we'll being praying for both of you!
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Blair

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 01:50:44 pm »
I am so sorry....I will be sending my prayers!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:05:23 pm »
Hey... while you guys are at it, can you send prayers to all my furbabies too? They were all exposed to April's pup for several days. Everybody is vaccinated, but so was April's puppy.  :'(

Thank you from:
Rebekah, Zoot, Nigel, Mokey, Turkey, Mr. Furley, Rushmore, and Leeloo

April, I am sending my love to your girl. Hang in there, little one.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:12:14 pm »
Thanks Jenn! I want everyone to feel free to cross post. Rebekah I am so sorry. I am hoping your furbabies will be well.

mjjensen

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 02:17:01 pm »
 That is so sad! I hope for both of you that everything will turn out good and she'll be home with you soon. She's so cute!

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 02:27:46 pm »
Oh, April, I am so sorry to hear that your puppy has parvo! I will keep both you and Rebbekah in my prayers as well as all the furkids.
Just a note of encouragement for you, Raven contracted parvo at 3 weeks of age from an unvacinated dog that the dam's mother in law brought over. Not only did she survive, but she has thrived for the last 11 years. Please keep good thoughts, and know that we will do the same.
Stella

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 02:44:04 pm »
Oh the poor baby (and her poor family).  I will keep you and your pup, and Rebekah and her pups in my prayers.  Please keep us posted - let us know when your beautiful pup is home enjoying its new life!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 02:53:38 pm »
Sending both of you positive thoughts.  :)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 02:53:45 pm »
Did you get her through petfinder, if so I think the shelters get some kind of free 30 day insurance.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 03:50:18 pm »
Did you get her through petfinder, if so I think the shelters get some kind of free 30 day insurance.

I did call shelter care and the guy told me that the parvo is pre-exsisting, so it's not covered! I'm so mad because it says you have 10 days to activate the insurance. He said it takes 2 days to go into effect. I didn't sign up right away because I was waiting for her to get here. The shelter is not open today, so I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 03:58:50 pm »
I would so fight that April, I hope that it works out that you can get the insurance. I know how expensive it can get when it is emergency care. We spent over $2000 on Dilberts emergency care. I'll be praying really hard for you!And she looks like a really strong girl I am sure that she'll make it :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:32:35 pm »
I just found out that one of the pups littermates has pravo and is being treated at the shelter. I have to call the shelter director tomorrow. I also got an update that the pup is responding very well to treatment. YAY! So if she continues to do well over night then they'll try to give her real food.

My brother's dogs were also exposed to parvo. They are very concerned for one of their beagles. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers also. Thanks again!

k2campbell

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 10:31:27 pm »
April, I'm so sorry honey.  We will be praying for your little girl - try to stay positive.  She looks like a strong pup.  My thoughts are with you - take care.

Kelly & Kate  :-*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:34:52 pm by k2campbell »