Author Topic: Who here has a parvo survivor?  (Read 6715 times)

cricket36580

Re: Who here has a parvo survivor?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »
Thank you for saying that.  I know April has SOOOO much on her plate right now and the last thing she needs is someone not behaving nicely.  I probably could have been a little nicer though...Oh well.  Live and learn.  I do try but I fall short now and again.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 07:33:38 pm »
Thank you for saying that.  I know April has SOOOO much on her plate right now and the last thing she needs is someone not behaving nicely.  I probably could have been a little nicer though...Oh well.  Live and learn.  I do try but I fall short now and again.

I will be honest at first I was very offended. I would have added nolvasan in your first post. That would easied up the whole bleach saga. I am very emotional and stressed over this whole thing. I hate bleach because it smells really bad and makes me gag. I am glad that you brought up nolvasan. I did do research on it and I am going to pick some up. It says it's good for cleaning reptile cages too. Do you know if the antispetic spray kills parvo virus? I was wondering if I could use it on the pup after she poops, so less risk of parvo being in the house. My vet and others recommend bleach, so it's very confusing. 

cricket36580

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 08:36:10 pm »
Nolvasan can be diluted up to a 1% solution and used as a wound dressing so I would have to say yes you can if you are careful about the ratios.  The bottle has most of the dilutions on it or at least enough for you to extrapolate what to put in a quart spray bottle.  I think it would work out to be about a half tsp per quart.  The only time it's toxic is if you get it full strength into your eyes or snort it.  Just be careful measuring it out.  I use a few drops in my little cosmetic spray bottle for a teet spray and 1 "glub" per gallon  for sterilizing my milking equipment after I'm finished.  Yeah, I know...real scientific.  :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 09:16:46 pm »
Oh April & Rebekah!...This is the first I've read of this!...I have a friend who's 9 yr. old Akitra mix had parvo as a pup & he is just fine!...I will get ahold of her & ask her what she knows about it...I will also send many prayers.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 09:48:43 pm »
I had two dalmation/lab crosses that both survived parvo.  In fact they were siblings and were completely vaccinated when they got it.  But they both lived to the ripe old ages of 11 and 12.  I also have a friend whose puppy just went through a bout with parvo and survived.  I know at work we use bleach, betamint, betazyme, and virkon.  The virkon is supposed to be virualcide (okay I think I just made that word up).  I don't like it though because it gets all foamy and soapy.  I prefer to use bleach myself but then again I use it at full strength. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience