Author Topic: Found my soul mate  (Read 12875 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Found my soul mate
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:21:32 pm »
Hello All.  I am the proud roommate of Einstein -- a half Pyrenees half Irish Wolfhound.  The sweetest, most beautiful dog I've ever seen.  I adopted him yesterday in the middle of a thunderstorm here in Houston, Texas.  It was meant to be.  I look forward to lots of good advice and feedback from the contributors to this website.  I've been lurking around for a few weeks because I was preparing myself to make a commitment -- I've been amused, touched and motivated by your posts. 

About Einstein:  He 4 years old (or 2, depending on who you ask).  He's all white, with the dew claws, but his coat is wiry.  He weighs 100 lbs., loves to sleep, be scratched and brushed.  Enjoys walks, but isn't impatient about going outside.

Our first night together (last night) he slept on the floor at the foot of my bed (he refuses to get on the furniture).  Besides snoring, he didn't make a sound.  This morning we went for a short walk and he was sniffing the ground, but didn't seem the least bit perturbed by other dogs -- even the dogs that were barking to him.

Okay, I could go on and on, but I'll be posting more in the future and you'll get to hear all about him!

Sarah

Kiahpyr

Re: Found my soul mate
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:26:33 pm »
I'm glad you joined us! Einstein is a cutie!!! I'm April and I have a 10 month old great pyrenees named Kiah and a soon to be mix puppy.

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:43:40 pm »
Einstein?  Thunderstorm?  This has hints of Back to the Future......co uld just be that I love that movie.  ;D
Congrats to both of you on your new found family!!!
I hope you will continue to update us on how your relationship evolves and changes with stories and pictures.
He sure is adorable.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 01:51:09 pm »
 ;D ;D ;DI just love happy news!! Happy for both of you.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:48:26 pm »
Congratulation s on your bundle of joy!!  He is very cute - Welcome!!

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:42 pm »
Wow he sure is a looker. Can't wait to see more pictures. Welcome. I am owned by Puck the rotti and Farley the crazy Vizsla ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 03:00:17 pm »
Oh wow! I knew I thought I've seen your dog somewhere. I can't get over how much he looks like these dogs. Just thought I would share this with you. He's so fuzzy!

http://home.wxs.nl/~komsrohd/srophotos.html

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 03:09:23 pm »
You're not the first to point out the resemblance with the SRO.  I took a look at the photos and except for his dew claws, he looks exactly like the SRO.  COOOOLLLLL  he's even specialler than I thought!

I went home for lunch and found him sound asleep (he sleeps like a log).  I brought him a gigantic rawhide bone and he was happy.  Barked when I left, but he hadn't disturbed anything in the house and seemed like he was enjoying himself.

I'm so lucky.
Sarah

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 03:15:34 pm »
He is absolutely adorable!  Sounds like you both got incredibly lucky!  More pics! 
Daphne

mjjensen

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 03:38:12 pm »
What a beautiful combination. With all that white hair his name really fits him.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 04:03:12 pm »
He has to be one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen!!!!! I must see more pictures!!!!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 04:26:11 pm »
I'll borrow a digital camera and post more photos tomorrow.  At lunch time I went home to check on him -- I woke him up!  I brought him a gigantic rawhide bone and he was very happy.  Barked goodbye as I drove off.

Thank you everyone for your raves -- I'm pretty crazy about him.  I wasn't this bad when my grandson was born.
Sarah

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 05:43:12 pm »
He's an amazing looking dog!!!  You are both so lucky to have found each other !  Great story!   Please post LOTS more pics!!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:13:56 pm »
Great looking dog.  He really looks like Albert Einstein, with all that white hair.  Total old man face!  Enjoy your new life with him and welcome to BPO!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 06:34:56 pm »
Hi Nice to meet you, Einstien looks a super hound.

;D

Andy, Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!