Author Topic: Another Noob  (Read 4304 times)

mjjensen

Another Noob
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:10:21 pm »
  I found BPO quite by accident while I was looking for a puppy to fill the void left by the loss of my 12 year old Newfoundland Molly. It was great to find such a large group of people wholly dedicated to their "Big Dogs". Although I was looking for a Newfy puppy, in Sept. I adopted a pair of Newf/Great Pyr pups named Sam and Max. They came from a BYB and arrived with numerous health issues, several which were mis-diagnosed by the first two vets I took them to. Now, after three and a half months, with a lot of research on my part, most of which I started here on BPO, and the help of a third vet that actually took the time to look at what the pups were going through and listen to my concerns , most of the health problems have been resolved. In spite of all the problems, I don't regret adopting them for a minute. These guys are so much fun and they really make my house seem like a home again.
 Thank you all for all the help you've been with the pup's problems and thank you for letting me be part of such a wonderful family.

Offline HersheysMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Another Noob
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:26:48 pm »
Isn't this site wonderful for all the information on it, and all the people who are on here?  First, let me welcome you to BPO, my name is Tricia, and I have a choc lab/pitbull mix named Hershey (who is my pride and joy)! ;D
I am really glad that you found us, and that your pups health problems are being resolved now.  And by the way, we do love pictures! :D :D 
Tricia, human mother of Hershey, born 7/6/2004

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:54:39 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Love your avatar.  The pups look very cute.  I demand to see more pics!!

My name is Chris, and I belong to Keiko, a husky/shep mix, and Gunther, a great dane.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:29:47 pm »
Those pups are adorable! 

Welcome!  My name is Marsi and my fiance and I are owned by two semi-big paws.  Gwen is a German Shepherd mix and Ranger (in my avatar) is a Saint Bernard mix.  I am sure you will love it here!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 10:30:38 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  Congratulation s on your new additions.   I'm Melissa.  Mom to Dazy, a 6 month old Giant Schnauzer and Ladybug, a 3 year old Miniature Schnauzer.

mjjensen

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 12:46:09 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've tried to attach a few recent photos of the pups to his message. Hopefully it will work.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 12:54:44 pm »
Welcome!...Your babies are darling but what else could they be with that kind of mix!!? ;D I'm Chelle & my dogs are Samson who will be 1 & 1/2...Pippin who will be 11 months...Both are Great Pyrenees...Ros ie is a Kuvasz mix of some sort...We were supposed to foster here for Kuvasz rescue & ooops we fell in love! :D...So she is staying here with us!...She is between 2 & 3 & a joy!...I hope you'll enjoy your time here & PLEASE more pics of your sweet puppers!!! :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 06:18:38 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 01:02:30 pm »
Your pups are so cute! Welcome can't wait to see lots more pics!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 07:43:16 pm »
Your babies are adorable!  I LOVE their coloring and markings!  JUST GORGEOUS!!  Welcome to the group!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 07:53:09 pm »
Welcome aboard!! I can't believe how much they have changed in color. Wow! They are adorable! I'm April and I have a great pyrenees named Kiah.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 07:55:06 pm »
What cuties!  Thanks for sharing your photos and welcome again to BPO! :)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 12:20:13 pm »
Beautiful!  I'm Sarah and the new love of my life is a shelter dog named Einstein.  Thanks for the great photos, I'm inspired to take serious photos of Einstein.  Welcome to BPO -- I'm new here, too -- the people on this forum are awesome!
Sarah