Author Topic: Found my soul mate  (Read 12801 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Re: Found my soul mate
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 10:47:11 am »
Thanks for the encouragement.   Last night for the first time I heard him growl.  I believe he was growling at a perceived danger outside, but I looked at him sternly and said "don't you be growling at me" -- then he curled up on the floor.  He'd just been out in the yard and had been barking .  .  .  I think he thought he was warning me of something. 

Also I'm teaching him to sit -- every time we go outside or before I feed him, I make him sit.  As well behaved as he is, I'm surprised he didn't already know this.  When we go for walks, he's very good about staying right beside me.  He is mildly curious about other dogs.  He doesn't cower or puff up either when a dog is barking at him -- he just looks at them as if to say, don't worry little fella, I'm not going to hurt you.

A little schnauzer took a great interest in him and was jumping all around (behind a fence).  Einstein just stood there very patiently and let the little guy sniff him.  He truly is a gently giant.

One more thing -- he was very obliging and let me brush him -- most of him.  He's going to have a bath this weekend and I'm hoping he is agreeable about it.   Does anyone have any advice about what to do to help his coat grow in thicker?  When he was turned into the shelter he had patches of missing fur on his sides and his elbows.  I don't think the elbows will be growing back in, but his sides seems to be filling in pretty well.  He's also a little thin on his snout.

Thanks for your feedback and I'm so happy to have this forum.

Sarah

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:22 am »
There's a great product for helping with a healthy coat.  It's called Inflight Coat Formula (www.inflightco atformula.com).  It keeps the coat in longer (suppresses shedding) and allows the new coat to fill in.  A lot of breeders use it for their dogs who are being shown.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 11:51:39 am »
I knew someone would have a secret!  Thanks so much.
Sarah

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 12:01:02 pm »
Einstein is darling! :)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:04 pm »
What a beautiful new baby you have. He is a very good looking fella. I cant wait to see more pictures and read more about your new adventure.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline kombearnation

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • My Komondor site
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 06:16:30 pm »
Oh, wow! What a stunner he is - he's definitely my kind of dog. I've wanted an SRO myself for ages, and he certainly looks like one. Unfortunately, there aren't any here in the UK so I guess I'll just have to find a Wolfhound and a Pyrenean and take it from there ;)

Or maybe just clip my Kom...?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 07:07:40 pm »
I have been using the Inflight for about a week on Dixie.  I only plan to use it to get ready for the March set of shows. 

Lisa
There's a great product for helping with a healthy coat.  It's called Inflight Coat Formula (www.inflightco atformula.com).  It keeps the coat in longer (suppresses shedding) and allows the new coat to fill in.  A lot of breeders use it for their dogs who are being shown.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 07:30:54 pm »
What do you think of it?  I've got a bucket in the freezer and haven't used it yet.  Chester's coat got so thick and heavy for the winter (in So. Calif???) so he didn't need it...and I haven't worked up the courage to show him.  The breeder recommended it for him....

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 11:18:46 pm »
So far so good.  I just add it to her good and she likes it.  I do think it is adding a little extra undercoat and a very nice shine to her coat.  The breeder that told me about the Inflight breeds Newfs.

Oh, do a show. You will so get hooked on it.  I have 18 days of show I want to go to this year.

Lisa

What do you think of it?  I've got a bucket in the freezer and haven't used it yet.  Chester's coat got so thick and heavy for the winter (in So. Calif???) so he didn't need it...and I haven't worked up the courage to show him.  The breeder recommended it for him....
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 11:45:46 pm »
Show him, show him!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 11:51:08 pm »
 :D :D  Brat!!  :D :D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 11:56:33 pm »
Not to highjack cutie pie Einstein's thread, but YOU HAVE TO SHOW HIM!  Then Jamie and I can do road trips and meet in the middle and come see you!!!!!!  Aren't you excited?!   :P
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2006, 11:57:30 pm »
I fully agree with that! Yeah for roadtrips.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 10:39:32 am »
I would love to have a BPO meet and greet at a dog show!  I'm hooked on the shows on t.v. now -- it would be so cool to meet some of you in person.  DO THE SHOW  -- DO THE SHOW  --   :o
Sarah