Author Topic: Non-dog Hobbies  (Read 13760 times)

enuffpaws

Non-dog Hobbies
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:37:35 pm »
Got a PM from another member asking to see my ride... So here it is. Who Else out there has a hobby or special something to share?
Think of it as Show and Tell for big people.
Dale ;)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Non-dog Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 11:27:13 pm »
I like to quilt.  Here is one I made for my husband while we were dating. 

and here is one I made for my MIL's birthday

I also Bellydance but I don't have an digital pictures of that.  I've been dancing on and off for about 8 years.  I've done many performances and even danced at the Maryland Renissance Festival but that was a little while ago.  I really hope to get back into performing soon it is such a blast and maybe even teaching.  Right now I'm just dancing for fun.

Oh yeah I also play the piano.  I've been playing since I was 4.  I have just started teaching a very rambuctious 6 year old boy and hope to grow my studio.  The piano is probably my biggest passion.

So there ya go those are my most interesting hobbies.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:33:25 pm by Rachel »
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:52 pm »
My hobby is horseback riding.  I've been riding since I was 6 mos old and have been doing it ever since.  I also love to hike and bike.  And someday I'd like to go to a car racing school thing, racing is in my blood.
Here's some pics of me and the girls....Gabby is the first one and Penney is the second....Hope fully I can steal some hiking photos off my brothers camera this weekend.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 11:44:04 pm »
I like to bake, scrapbook, and make cards in my spare time... lol
and some other stuff... I used to do origami.

Here are a couple of pics of the stuff I've made {everythings from scratch!}  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 11:46:37 pm »

Here are a couple of pics of the stuff I've made {everythings from scratch!}  :)

Your cake is just lovely!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 11:46:49 pm »
I scrapbbook like a fiend!  I love it!  I have completed atleast 15 albums in the last 5 years that I have been scrapbooking.  Wedding ones, baby, childhood, family, etc.  I'm working on one from our trip to Disney World this past October and I am also working on my sisters childhood album after receiving tons of pictures from my mother of myself, my brother, and my sister-what a mess to go through.  It was really difficult trying to figure out what pictures were with what years and what event....plus I had to make copies of a bunch of photos for each of us to have.  I finished my brothers already and mine will be worked on later, and my sisters is almost done.

I also garden and can what I grow.  I make tons of jam each year and need to make more with all the fruit I have in the freezer right now from summer pickings. 

I also cross-stitch when I get the chance to actually sit down and do nothing for a little while....which isn't very often!
Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 11:48:04 pm »
Oh, I forgot to add, I also like to play volleyball and I've recently taken up surfing... I don't have any pics of me doing it, but here are a couple of my board

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 11:50:58 pm »

Your cake is just lovely!

Thank you  :) It was my first "professional" one... I want to make a 3-tierd one with fondant for my birthday

after receiving tons of pictures from my mother of myself, my brother, and my sister-what a mess to go through.  It was really difficult trying to figure out what pictures were with what years and what event....plus I had to make copies of a bunch of photos for each of us to have. 

^Thats why I haven't finished mine yet... I got so frustrated that I took up card making instead  :P

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:19:33 am »
I ride/train horses...and stalk random band members  ::)
1) my horse Sweets, I used to show in 4-h and now I only do Gaming shows for fun (nothing hardcore, I don't wanna ruin my babies legs!)
2)Sweets and her first foal, Dreamer. Taken in 2002
3)Ali Tabatabaee, lead singer/rapper for the band Zebrahead, I <3 those boys!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 01:21:29 am »
I quilt, cross-stitch, I paint a little, and I bake and decorate cakes, mostly for brithdays but I did do my brothers wedding cake. When I get pictures I'll post them.

Man Rachel, your quilts are really good, mine don't come anywhere close.

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 01:51:59 am »
Well mostly I study, lol, I feel like I will never get out of college sometimes! I also spend my summers working at an all girls underprivledge d youth camp. I am the horseback riding director there, it is my home away from home. I love photography, but my camera is on the outs right now, and I can't seem to get ay good pictures. I love to ski and snowboard, but here in Alabama, that is not quite possible. here are some pics from summer camp.... Oh yea, I am also a licensed NY and PA (soon to be AL also) barber. I have been doing hair for 7 years now, sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't! I'll try to upload some pics of things I have done...
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 01:56:49 am »
Well mostly I study, lol, I feel like I will never get out of college sometimes!

I no what you mean, I think I have been going forever. I'm a Junoir and I still have at least 2 to 3 more years but I only go at night and 5 classes at a time.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 02:33:47 am »
Non dog hobbies?  Whatever do you mean?  Why would I be doing anything non dog related?   ::)  ::)

Well, since my life revolves around dogs (training/walking/pet sitting) and computer dog groups, that doesn't leave much time for a life.  But when I do get off my butt and do something different, it's not all that interesting... .........lol.

I used to ride horse, but I haven't in years.  I co-own one with my mom.  Her name is Pepper, she lives at my mom's and she is a PITA!!, although from what my mom says, she is much better than when I used to ride her.

I also play softball.  Used to play volleyball both sand and court, but haven't found team out here.  Basically, I like any and all sports, and would play more if I could find some teams to play on.  I read when I can, and would like to learn how to sew.  And I collect anything and everything: coins, figurines, books, fast food kid's meal toys, etc.  I like to take pictures, but I'm not real artsy about it.  I also rollerblade (although I need a new brake) 

Oh, here is a pic of my Pepper, although it is an old pic.  She is almost white, now.

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 10:01:19 am »
GOOOO GATORS!  HA HA ;D

I also ride horses.  I have one waiting to be finished up if I could ever find a saddle to fit the tank.  His shoulders are quite bulky and wide so that's been a challenge to fit him. 

I too like photography, but I'm not too good at it most of the time.  I finally got a digital camera so I wouldn't waste so much money on film to get that one good shot, and leaving all the other pics in the garbage!  I love my digi now!

Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:24 am »
I also crosstitch and quilt.