Author Topic: Non-dog Hobbies  (Read 13756 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Non-dog Hobbies
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 10:49:01 am »
Got a PM from another member asking to see my ride... So here it is. Who Else out there has a hobby or special something to share?
Think of it as Show and Tell for big people.
Dale ;)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 11:58:29 am »
Im must say Im a little boring.I work alot so not much time for hobbies.I use to be crafty.I even made curtains with my glue gun.I use to draw in school.I was drawing Ziggy at age 5.But now I would have to say shopping is my fave hobbie.I also love to take pics of my Spotakiss.The kids wont let me do it anymore.Exciti ng huh? ;D ;D ;D

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 11:58:56 am »
Between the kids and dogs I don't have much free time. But I love crafts. I do a lot of sewing, cross stitching, and crocheting. I'll post pics of some things that I've mad a little bit later.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 01:09:07 pm »

Rachel, where did you find that *amazing* fabric in the middle of your hubby's quilt? 

It is a batik panel of a japanese print and I found it at a little quilting store outside of Baltimore called Seminole Sampler (http://www.seminolesampler.com/index.html ).

If your looking for fun fabrics  www.keepsakequ ilting.com is amazing!!  They also send out a beautiful catalog.  Its definitely worth getting.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 01:43:21 pm »
I used to do a lot of painting, mostly in acrylics, but I havent done one for about a year.  Here's the last one I did.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 01:50:32 pm »
Paul?  Why don't you do it anymore?  That's beautiful! 

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 01:53:38 pm »
Its so nice to see everyones hobbies. Thanks once again Dale

Well Im not really into much right now. Being on my own with 3 kids 2 cats and  Judge dont leave much room for me time. But I really enjoy taking pictures. Here are a few Ive taken over the last few years.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 01:54:31 pm »
This is kind of lame. I collect salt and pepper shakers! I haven't been able to do it in awhile because I only have one curior cabinet and it's stuffed full with them. I need another one!

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 02:20:54 pm »

Ever try to balance a pallette, cleaning supplies, brushes, etc on top of a constantly moving dog head and/or body that thinks it has to ALWAYS be attached to you??? hahaha No, really, I  just havent been in the mood to do another one for a while, but I'm going to paint a small painting and frame it for a friend for a birthday gift next week. Thanks for the compliment---made my day! :D
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 03:17:05 pm »

Ever try to balance a pallette, cleaning supplies, brushes, etc on top of a constantly moving dog head and/or body that thinks it has to ALWAYS be attached to you??? hahaha No, really, I  just havent been in the mood to do another one for a while, but I'm going to paint a small painting and frame it for a friend for a birthday gift next week. Thanks for the compliment---made my day! :D

You need to do more of your painting...I wish it was my birthday next week.   ::)
And...since you mention it...I juggle 100 things at once all the time with Grace up my butt.  It takes practice but is possible.  :)   I have never been married to a man who can actually get off the couch and get or do anything for himself (not that there isn't one like that out there) so I've perfected the constantly busy, multi-tasking self.  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 03:18:26 pm by lins_saving_grace »

enuffpaws

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:56 pm »
Awesome hobbies guys so many hidden talents. So many great looking pictures of crafts and action shots. Thanks for sharing.

dale ;)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 05:52:40 pm »
Oh, my God, I'm horrifying!

I don't craft unless forced.  I can barely thread the sewing machine, and would rather Heat & Bond a hem than sew it--that's how I made my last set of curtains, too.  The only baby things I make (mostly under threat of mother-nuclear war) are those comforter type ones that have a nursery print on each side and a batt in the middle.  I tie them with yarn, rather than quilting them like a civilized person.  The only kind of paint brush I pick up is a roller.

I am in total awe of you people's patience to do this stuff.

I haven't directed a play in years, and I've given up the church choir.  What the heck DO I do??

Let's see...I'm a total biblio-addict.  A book a day at least--sometimes two, depending on what I pick up.  (This means I've got several thousand books library-boxed in my garage.  And a couple hundred that need to be reboxed or integrated into my library boxes, which means that I need to get a couple dozen boxes.  If I had a house the size of my parents', I wouldn't have room enough to put all the books on shelves, never mind all the new ones I keep buying.  I'm hopeless.) 

I'm usually working on pieces a book.  No, you can't see any of it.  It's PIECES, I told you.  I've started 4 or 5 and never finished one, and you can't see those either.  If I thought they were worth looking at, I wouldn't have quit working on them!  They're just for me. 

DISNEYLAND!  Most often, it's to meet friends who're on vacation. (Sometimes it's Universal Studios.  I draw the line at Magic Mountain, though.)  I'd much rather meet them at the Park, hang for a while standing in line for Space Mountain, etc.,  or holding a spot for the fireworks than have to cook them dinner before they come over, make a big mess in my too tiny kitchen, eat on TV trays because my table is too small, and then chase them out the door before having to clean my kitchen before I have to get half a night's sleep before I go to work.  Disneyland does all the cooking, cleaning, etc., and I can just enjoy my friends, and have an excuse to go home to bed at a more reasonable hour.

I CAN cook.  I just don't love to in my tiny kitchen.  But my mustard potato salad and my Jaw-Breaking Lemon Chicken are legendary, and my fried chicken and my turkey dinner are not far behind. 

Oh, here's what I do!  I get rid of dysfunctional people.  I love to do this! 

I'm quite good at telling in a very short time when an SO is a useless lump, and finding subtle little ways to encourage my friend to rid themselves of said albatross.  I'm responsible for the dumping of at least 40 albatrosi--though probably half of the albatrosi were attached to Kathy.  ::)  But I refuse to give up MY friends because they can't make decent choices about life mates.  ;)   The 2 divorces I'm take partial credit for would not have been marriages if I'd known my friend before he/she got married to begin with-ugly, ugly stories, and both times all I could do was wonder what were their families THINKING??  Were they blind, or just stupid?

I guess an albatross would call me a low-down meddling cow--if they were being circumspect about it.  I'll plead guilty as charged.   :-*

This doesn't take up nearly as much of my time as it used to, as the majority of my friends are now married/committed to really nice--and some of them even really cool--people.  (That's where I get the kids to play with, so it's not like its all altruistic or anything. Don't get the wrong idea.  :D)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

cricket36580

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 06:33:30 pm »
Hmmm...It's easier saying what I'm not into.  Of course my chickens, pheasants and goats.  I paint and sew but I don't like anything with directions and tend to do my own thing rahter than follow the instructions.. ..makes for some cool stuff sometimes.  I coach cheerleading in season.  Garden...veggi es, flowers, and herbs.  Beading.  Embroidery.  Crochet.   I never, ever bake...and if you ever catch me doing so, call the nearest psych ward cause I'm contemplating suicide.  I work on computers, fixing them.  I'm a voracious reader in subjects that I like and can easily read 4 or 5 books at the same time.  I love woodworking but haven't done it in a long time.  I'm an excellent co-dependant and take on all of my friends problems.  And I do volunteer work and am starting a chapter of Beta Sigma Phi.  I think that's all of the hobbies....

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 06:48:30 pm »
Well,  aside from spending QT with Drake and my wife Sarah, I like drinking

and

and

and eating

and when I'm not drunk or full, I enjoy

and

and my art.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:54:52 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 11:34:50 pm »
I have dabbled in wide range of hobbies for awhile.  I paint in oil sometimes.  I have tried to quilt but my first quilt still isn't finished.  I cross stitch but nothing recently.  I also scuba dive when I get a chance.  But I think I have found my niche in hobbies.  I am a self proclaimed margarita taster.  I will taste test any and all margaritas.  I am also a great enabler for all my friends and I am the instigator for my friends.   I think instigation is my favorite hobby along with margarita tasting.  When I mix the two then the day is perfect.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience