Author Topic: Quick vent....  (Read 8436 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Quick vent....
« on: January 24, 2006, 11:55:16 pm »
I already told a few people (Nicki & Tina) but am still bothered by a small conversation I had today and as I look at my little Bear cub I can't help but feel angry again.  >:(

Here is the story:
Bear and I were out walking today and walked through a shopping center to a park. On the way, this woman stops us (after following us) and asks what my Newf's name is. I tell her Bear and she makes fun of me for "not being original".  ??? Then she proceeds to tell me how Bear is "ok" looking but doesn't have this look she thinks he should have, is way to small (at 150 lbs.) and has a coat that is way too short (according to her it should be down to the ground).  :o

I was in total shock and just stood there for a few minutes while she went off on my boy and then we walked away. I couldn't believe that she would be so mean. Even if Bear is ugly or just mediocre looking, I don't think anyone should say that to my face or his. So, I am urked and just thought that I would share with you all.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Quick vent....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 11:57:57 pm »
Well, I LOVE the name Bear....I even call my son that!!  And he is 22 and a big boy, too!!  And for Bear's looks....the picture speaks for itself....he is VERY handsome boy and I would be very proud of him.....so, just consider the source and laugh it off!!

Blair

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:59:14 pm »
Bear ugly!?!?!?! Bear is HANDSOME and that lady is just blind and stupid!!! Some people are just...well cant think of a nice word to insert there....I would just take what that "lady" said with a grain of salt, cause she doesnt know what she is talking about. I think Bear is a very good looking Newf and I, for one, love his name!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:25 am »
Thanks guys.....I feel better already.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:31 am »
Bear is a handsome dog and obviously the lady is ignorant so take her criticism with a grain of salt.  And Kali gets called bear all the time too cause it's so appropriate for them.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

mjjensen

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 12:09:03 am »
It sounds like the lady was either very ignorant or jealous. Bear is a fitting name and he's a beautiful Newfy. Don't let silly people's opinions bother you.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 12:09:53 am »
What?!?! First of all, Bear is a PERFECT name for him because that's exactly what he looks like. And second of all, she's obviously either blind or a total idiot because Bear is a BEAUTIFUL Newfie. His nametag should read "Hello, my name is FABULOUS!"

I hate stupid people >:(
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 12:12:32 am »
 >:( >:( >:(

Okay....now the gloves are off.  You do NOT insult Bear.  It's just NOT done!   He is magnificent!  We all know that!  Can you even imagine the mentality of a person who would go up to someone and ridicule something that is so close to their hearts???  The NERVE.  OHHHHHH....I'm so working up to a full blown mad, here. 

"Oh, excuse me.  Can I just tell you how homely your child is?  I've never seen a child with such bad looking hair before.  That child just doesn't look human.  And you say his name is Dipwad?  What a common name!  Don't you have ANY imagination?"   GRRRRRR!

Lemmme at 'em!  come on.....lemme at 'em!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:32:29 am »
Bear is a wonderful name!!!! my dad's ferrets name is Bear!!!
and he's a GOREGEOUS newfie!!!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 12:34:28 am »
That sucks.  Sometimes people are so thoughtless and mean.  Not to mention stupid (or at least ill-informed  :P ).  We all know how great Bear is--just think how much joy he brought people last weekend!  Don't worry about silly, grumpy people.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 12:56:03 am »
Who died & made her an AKC dog show judge anyway? >:(...I bet she has Chihuahuas named Tiny & Puddles! :D ...God I hate her!...She is SO on "The List"!!

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 01:10:15 am »
Bear is the inspiration for this whole website ! ! !
Top that "honey"
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 02:44:20 am »
Now why would someone follow you out, stop you, and then proceed to insult you?  What kind of person does that?

Clearly, some people need some lessons in tact and manners....... .............. .and maybe even intelligence.

Some people.   ???  :P  >:(

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 02:55:17 am »
Some people. Bear is a beautiful boy, we know it and you know it. That lady has no idea what she is talking about. Our dogs are like our children. People just dont get it sometimes.
Big hugs for Bear!!
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 08:09:10 am »
what does this lady look like? and where does she live??? fumble's after her!  DO NOT even question Bear's handsomenesS! he has every quality of a newf that i can only hope that fumble aquires!  he has the most beautiful face and his fur! duh its not going to be long! i also LOVE bears name! i think it's so great because it really does fit him!  honestly, pardon my language but this woman didn't know her face from her butt!
fumble and i LOVE bear! and send him a squadge!  he didn't deserve to hear those nasty words!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!