Author Topic: Willie Nelson at the Fillmore  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Willie Nelson at the Fillmore
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:08:26 pm »
Went to see Willie Nelson play at the Fillmore in San Francisco last night.  WOW!  That man is incredible!  80 years old and still rocking, his fingers are as nimble as ever and they ripped it up.  I had always wanted to see him so when he came to town, I coughed up the $50 to see him.  They were going for $100 outside before the show!  It was a great show.  The Fillmore is an amazing venue to see shows, small auditorium with balconies, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, very cozy and intimate.  A tradition they keep from the 60's to keep things communal, they have free apples and water for everybody and they give out free posters at the end of the show.  Everybody from Janis Joplin, The Doors and Jimi Hendrix to the Foo Fighters, Van Halen and Ween have played there, the posters from all those shows have become major collector items.  So I'm glad I finally got to see Willie play, well worth it, I won't have to regret never seeing him after he's gone.  That will be a sad day when there's no Willie Nelson in the world....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 12:11:24 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Nelson at the Fillmore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:25:49 pm »
I am so excited to go and see Willy. He is coming here on May the 10th and I can't wait. WHAT!!!!???????? You mean there will be a day when there is no more Willy on this Earth?????!!!???

Willy Nelson is a favorite in our house, Hutch even loves him. He howls along with any Willie Nelson tune he hears, he especially loves Always on my Mind! I have heard that he still knows how to put on a good show, and I'm glad to hear that it is true!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey