Author Topic: Beagle Hound Mix Desperate for a new home-Currently in Northern California  (Read 1418 times)

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Greetings, all!  I recieved the following email from a friend...pleas e read & see if you can help!
Thanks!
Jenn
I spoke with a lady who just moved to Napa from Florida and she had a really sweet Beagle x (long ears and sweet, sweet eyes on a Beagle with long legs). He was a cutie and I wanted to compliment her on his good manners (she left him outside of TJ's while she did some shopping). He attracted quite a little crowd because he was so sweet).

She found him running on a highway as she was leaving the state to come here and saw people shooting at him because he was a stray. She turned around and stopped, found out no one was his owner and so packed him up and brought him across 3000 miles! She said he was wonderful company and a real love bug, had a great disposition. She is trying desperately to find a home as she's not supposed to have a dog where she's rented an apartment. She really choked up when she said she might have to have him put down--she wasn't sure how he'd fare at an animal shelter.

She's taken him to a vet --Napa Small Animal-- the pooch is neutered, in good health, but he has heartworm. She said the vet said it wasn't serious. If you know of someone or would consider the dog for adoption, I'd donate $100 for heartworm treatment if money is an obstacle. Honestly, he is a cute dog and you know how much I love goldens.

Her name is Diane Kramer and her number is (707) 265-8120. I told her she was wonderful to have saved him. I told her also to contact a beagle or hound rescue organization and I would write an email to some Paws people and friends.

Thanks for anything you can do to save this little guy's life.

Joanne

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Beagle Hound Mix Desperate for a new home-Currently in Northern California
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 01:44:38 pm »
Bumping this up again...hoping for the best for this little guy!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi