Author Topic: help... I'm surrounded by backyard breeders...  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
help... I'm surrounded by backyard breeders...
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:19:56 pm »
So today some new people are moving in next door. They seem very nice. Too bad they are breeding their pitbulls. (Even after admitting to me that their male has a genetic defect- a stump tail.)
Interestingly, the neighbors who live behind me are also breeding their pitbulls. And you know what? The last house I lived in, my downstairs neighbors were breeding pitbulls, as well as the people next door who were also breeding pitbulls.

AAAAAAAAAAAARR RRRRRRGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHH!

Sorry. I am so frustrated. Backyard breeders are the enemy of people trying to do rescue, like me and Will.
So he found this great link and we are going to print it out and try to think of a tactful way to give it to them.

http://www.adoptarescuepet.org/byb.htm

cricket36580

Re: help... I'm surrounded by backyard breeders...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 06:23:12 pm »
I'm hearing ya sug!  I wish there was a solution to this rampant stupidity and irresposibilit y but there isn't.  They (byb) make me uncontrollably hostile!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:25:10 pm »
I'm hearing ya sug!  I wish there was a solution to this rampant stupidity and irresposibilit y but there isn't.  They (byb) make me uncontrollably hostile!

Thank goodness I am not alone.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 06:29:14 pm »
Rebekah,

Good link! Be careful...they might not respond well to it. I know how you feel...where I'm from, EVERYONE is a "Purebed Pitbull Breeder".  ::) ::)  Its so ridiculous. And they breed them all big and icky...Its just sad. Absolutely NO reason to be breeding dogs in that kind of situation.

I hope it all goes well and you are able to have a positive effect on these jerks!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 07:05:40 pm »
I think anyone who ever gets a dog should get that flyer handed to them as well.  My two are both spayed and my cats are too.

I hope you get through to the people for the sake of the dogs.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 07:18:05 pm »
Thats so awfull. The next thing you know the breed will be band there too. You are not allowed to breed Pitbulls here in Ontario. Im not a fan of pitbuls myself but it is the owners who are giving these dogs a bad name. You cant just sell these dogs to anyone. Judge is fixed for this exact reason.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 07:59:15 pm »
So he found this great link and we are going to print it out and try to think of a tactful way to give it to them.

Why be tactful?  Just put in their mailbox or on their car everyday/night.

And put Animal Control on speed dial, just in case you ever hear them fighting.

Even if they're nice dogs, if you call Animal Control with a valid fighting complaint, some jurisdictions will force owners to have them spayed/neutered before they return the dogs....

There's more than one way to skin a BYB.  :-*

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

will

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 08:24:25 pm »
why? why? why?

don't people do research before they jump into something?
why would someone not do this ESPECIALLY in the case of living beings!???
those poor, poor dogs. 

i wonder what she thinks rescue and shelters are for? 

to her:
how do you think pets end up homeless?
why do you think there are pitbull (and other breed specific) rescues?

because of ignorant, irresponsible and get rich on animals screwing people like you!

a quick search and some questions would not take long to see how completely stupid it is to breed pit bulls.

it's idiots like this that give pitbulls a bad name.  ignorant, irresponsible pet owner,  oh wait not just owner but a freakin' BREEDER!  ARRRRRH!!!

googled "pit bull"  second hit is for pit bull rescue central.  get a clue people!

oh god, there's is just so much wrong with this i can't believe it.  i thought rebekah was pulling my leg until i got home!

insert everything in that link that rebekah posted

frustrated,
Will