Author Topic: Revolution VS. Frontline Plus  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution VS. Frontline Plus
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 04:39:28 pm »
We use Frontline Plus and HeartGuard. We only treat from roughly May to November....de pending on the weather. We've never had a flea problem. Now that I typed that we will be overrun this year. :-\ We have had battles with tics.
Maine has a large deer population. It's always something!

I like having to administer the 2 products rather than just one. I apply the Frontline first. That's the "medicine".
Then they get the HeartGuard.
"You were so good! Here is your 'treat'."

Anything to make it easier!

Here's to pestfree pets!

I do the same this with the heartgueasrd as a treat after the frontline.  It works well for shakes, and wee keep him on it all year long out here in CA, just in case. 

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, so, even though i have not had this problem i though i would mention that fleas are becomeing imune to some of the products in some areas.  Ask your vet if this is happening in your area, and they will probably know.  Some areas fleas are imune to one product, and in another area they are imune to a totally different product.

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 01:33:59 am »
In regards to the second post about petshed.com, do you all think the products sold on that website are the same formula as in the US or do you think they are fake? The prices do seem really good, now I am wondering if it is the real thing or not!
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 12:17:48 pm »
The Frontline Plus that's not the US kind tends to be less effecient and the Manufacturer won't stand behind it.  If you open the package and it has stripes across the foil that means it's the counterfiet and I'm sure there are disclaimers on the site selling it.  (Also the stuff at petstores like Petco is the counterfeit).  Frontline is better on the fleas and ticks than the Revolution though from my Mom's experience.  But anywhere that is either your vet's or requires a vet's prescription generally is the real stuff.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 04:45:58 pm »
We haven't been using the petshed stuff long, but no problems here, and everyone seemed to love them from what all I've read.  Google "petshed review"  or something similar.   I have never heard of a dog getting sick from it or anything.

I just really dont believe this is any different than the same stuff I get from my vet, except I pay $15/syringe at the vets and $8somthing at petshed.  I tend to think that is probably rumors spread from vets not getting their cut, but maybe I'm paranoid like that :)   I think the worse case scenario is if it doesn't work as effectively, then you switch back to the stuff from the vet. 

http://www.epinions.com/Pet_Shed_Online_Store/display_~reviews
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6674.html

« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 07:10:55 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 07:10:16 pm »
Here's an article on the Frontline site regarding it:

http://www.frontline.com/epa/
EPA site: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:o1HAoDHai8UJ:www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/retailerfactsh.pdf+counterfeit+frontline&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

The counterfeiters have repackaged certain quantities of product destined for foreign markets in forged cartons

Just to clear things up, the stuff from petshed is the stuff with an orange stripe, listed as a counterfeit on the Frontline site.  I'm going to continue to use it, the epa statement on Frontline's site just says to me that they have bought it in bulk and repackaged it.   If it isn't working good when we are in the full glory of flea season this summer I'll see if the stuff from the vet is any better... we usually get our frontline in syringes dosed out from the vet anyways (who purchases it in bulk), so it would probably be no different.  But I HATE! fleas & ticks, so I hope it works just as well.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”