Author Topic: Together forever  (Read 3385 times)

lins_saving_grace

Together forever
« on: May 18, 2005, 12:25:59 pm »
Lady/Grace

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Together forever
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:36:49 pm »
Those two are simese twins. Do they ever do anything apart?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:34:52 pm »
They are just too cute, do you always bring both of them if you go places, or do you sometimes take just one? Or is it even possible to separate the two lol...

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:41:16 pm »
I feel guilty when I take one or two but not all three. Like I'm cheating!
If I can't take them all then I will take Finn and leave the girls at home or take the girls and leave Finn. But the girls don't do well with visiting other peoples houses, so it depends on where I'm going. I would love to bring them all everywhere with me but I worry about leaving them in the car if I have to go into a store or something.

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 10:47:48 pm »
That is something I find a bit frustrating too, that with the weather here, you can not leave them in there, even for the shortest of times (the car I mean) so when they come, I have to know that we are either going somewhere, where I can bring them in, or just drive the kids somewhere, so we wont leave the car at all. Having 4 dogs makes it hard to bring them all, every time you bring them, so after Galahad moved in here, I have paired them together. I bring him and Hera, or Zeus and Buffy. But it is true, you almost feel like you cheat, like the ones left home is wondering what they did wrong to not be able to go have fun.

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 06:52:01 am »
The girls are attached at the hip.  They have independent moments, but for the most part they love spending time togoether.  :)
We take them places apart...like to the vet.  But people demand we bring them both since they are just so cute together. 
My husband has a cookout at work Saturday and the babies get to go.  The Jeep shakes all the way there when we venture out together since they play in the hatch, in the back seat, on mommy, on daddy...and heaven forbid we get out to fill up with gas.  Lady goes nuts like Daddy just left her forever.  :)  It's kinda funny. 
But yes and no...we do a lot together...and we do some things not together. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 06:54:41 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 10:26:03 am »
cookout with the girls, wow  :o buy peptobismuth in bulk, I am sure everyone will think they are too too cute and they all want to give them hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken or whatever is served and they will come home, huff and puff and be full of all the good food. I can see why it is a demand on bringing them together, they are just too cute. Did you get them from the same breeder or from different??

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 10:30:40 am »
Oh yeah...we haven't told them about their road trip yet.  They'll want to leave now and beat the rush.  :)   We had a bon fire last weekend and everyone was stuffing them with something.  They love it.   And they slept the next day like LOGS!
Everyone asks if they are related.  They really look a lot alike.  Lady came from a backyard litter in Paris, Michigan and Gracey was hand delivered from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
I wish we had gotten Lady from a breeder instead of the trailor trash we did.  But she seems healthy enough.  The vet seems to think so.
Don't tell me you don't sneek a few nibbles of stuff to your baby?  :) it's hard not to give them stuff when they rest their heads on your lap and look at you so hard your heart breaks. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 10:38:55 am »
hehe what makes you think I give in when Galahad is giving me the "ohhhh I am a starving puppy" look lol..... The other ones knows how to get their share too. I try not to give them too much of our stuff, since Heras stomach gets upset real easy, but yep... you are so right, of course they get almost everything they ask for (I like to think they say please when they give me THAT look), my twolegged kids tell me, their fourlegged sisters and brothers are more spoiled then they are.

Marit

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 08:53:36 am »
What a couple of cutie pies!?!?  I love reading about them in the car.  It is true they become so excited when they find out we are all going somewhere.  After a while the words car, go, walk, beach, park, camping, dinner, breakfast, leash, and so on, cause their ears to perk up immediately - even when we are not talking to them. 

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner