Author Topic: Need Ideas to throw at my vet. Update!  (Read 6544 times)

Lyn

Re: Need Ideas to throw at my vet. Update!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 11:53:32 am »
Just a little update.  :)

We ended up doing 4 doses of Strongid-T, 3-4 days between doses. The loose stool problem persisted, although not as bad..

So after speaking with my vet I decided to switch foods again. We went with Performatrin Ultra, Chicken and Brown rice. It worked and I saw improvement in his stool pretty much immediately.

Only thing is now his poop is a very dark brown, almost blackish on the outside. (I know gross sorry, I couldn't think of another way to describe it)It started with the food change, so I assumed it was from that. But now I'm wondering if it could be blood from the upper GI. Since I know that can cause dark colored poop. UGH So it looks like I'm going back to the vet with yet another stool sample. And crossing my fingers that is NOT blood.

If it's not one thing it's another. LOL Well at least the cow patty poops have stopped.

Offline IZ

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 01:35:51 pm »
Was everything okay? That sounds like normal stool to me. At least that is what I see in my yard too and Iz is 100% healthy!!!
Jennifer - IZ's Mom

"I like my daddy better".  -Iz

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 01:53:56 pm »
I forgot to post the results. But yes everything is fine. No blood.

His poops are fairly normal now as long as I feed him a set amount. I tried to increase his food by 1/2 a cup (1/4 cup more each meal) and he went right back to the loose stool.

So it looks like part of the problem is me feeding him more than his body requires. But he doesn't feel so 'boney' now so 5 cups must be enough for him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 01:54:45 pm by Lyn »