Author Topic: I think I've found a home for Peyton  (Read 2585 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I think I've found a home for Peyton
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:33:09 pm »
I may have found a home for my foster Newfie, Peyton, with neighbors/friends of mine. They have a boxer, Lucy, who is about a year-old. She's petite for a boxer, but she doesn't play as rough as Sadie and Riley, which Peyton seems to enjoy (I've got a couple of championship wrestlers here).

They are going to talk it over some more and make sure that they have all of their ducks in a row (they are also buying a house now).

I really want to keep her. :( But I know it's not the right time. I rent, and I know it will be, at the very least, several months before I buy a place. I can't have another dog with my lease.

I still want a Newfie, and I will get one later on (maybe fairly soon if I move, who knows). Now just isn't the right time, and this is a very good home for Peyton (two people, so more attention; one dog who's more careful with her than mine (crazy Sadie and Riley); a home that they own and will stay in for a while; etc.). I think it'll be great for her.

I guess I'm happy about that, but it's sad, too. And to think I've done to foster thing bunches of times... I'm just attached already, and she's a Newfie... such a great, sweet dog.

They will let me know for sure by Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I know how hard it is to find good homes for foster pets.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: I think I've found a home for Peyton
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:37:42 pm »
Yeah!  I hope Peyton has found her forever home!  I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys! :)
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:49:44 pm »
I hope that she has found a permanent home too. I know it is sad to let go but on the bright side, knowing the people that she is going to means that you get to hang out all the time! :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 09:53:37 pm »
Oh, I'm picky, so this should be a permanent home (I guess you can never be 100% sure). I told them that she can come back to me if there's ever any reason they need to give her up. I always offer this with fosters.

Yes, the good news is that Sadie, Riley, and I will be able to visit her. It was a very hard decision not to keep her, but the reasons to find her another good home came out ahead. I want to do what's best for her, not "I want a Newfoundland, so I'm keeping her". It's still sad, though. :( But she'll do well there. :)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:18:34 am »
 :D We will keep our paws crossed ! Maybe peyton can come back and visit with the other dogs so they can play hard. My dogs love to play rough they don't hurt each other they just love to play hard . Hope she finds a forever home we will pray for her. Bryce - Milo - Freya
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats