Author Topic: Can someone tell me what he's mixed with??  (Read 2616 times)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me what he's mixed with??
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:13:46 pm »
HELLO EVERYONE, IM PRETTY NEW TO BPO BUT I READ ALL OF YOUR MESSAGES AND YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY! i JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT MY GUS IS MIXED WITH. HE'S A YEAR AND A HALF OLD SO HES DEFINETLEY FULL GROWN, BUT IVE MADE ALL KINDS OF GUESSES AS TO WHAT HE IS? HE HAS THE CUTEST FACE AND NICE COLORS BUT IVE GONE FROM SHELTIE TO TERRIER TO SHEPHARD AND I JUST DONT HAVE A CLUE. IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS! I CANT SEEM TO GET HIS PICTURE BUT HES UNDER PAW PRINTS FOR GUS IS NORMAN OKLAHOMA  ! THANKS AGAIN !
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:19:23 pm by 2dogmom »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me what he's mixed with??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:58:06 pm »
I play this game with my dogs all the time because I have so many mutts. I have learned that it is quite impossible to tell what they really are! My dog Nigel is a confirmed Bloodhound/Saint Bernard mix, but you cannot see the Saint in him, however his brothers look like Saint Bernards and not a smidge of Bloodhound! You never know what genes are going to show through.
Looking at you guy, I see some hound probably, and maybe shepherd, but the truth is probably that both parents were mixed breeds!!!
 :D

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:00:02 pm »
He sure is cute--whatever he is ;D I see shepard for sure ;)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:55:31 pm »
Thanks, I know hes just got a baby face and those floppy ears! I always think of him as my travel size German Shepard, thats what he looks like to me.!! HAHA!!

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 04:59:20 pm »
Do I know this story well.  ::)
He actualy looks like he might have some pit in him from the shape of his head and white paws. I can definately see GSD...I love his floppy ears!
I have two littermates on this site and you'll notice they look NOTHING alike(their personalities are like night and day as well). Their mom is pit/german shepherd and dad a samoyed. Luke had outgrown both parents by about 6 months and we were a little confused for a while too. Since then we've resigned to the fact that we'll never know exactly what they are....and that just makes them more special and unique!  ;D
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:43:08 pm »
Ya he looks nothing like his mother did. I never thought of pit but thats an idea. Not a mean bone in his body, but he does prefer women over men. He his sooo attached to me too. I try to love on him as often as possible! Hes spoiled rotten

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »
Yeah, I can also see a shepherd type breed.  Maybe some lab/golden in there too.  And since he's so small, perhaps some terrier, or even beagle.  Something a bit smaller anyhow.