Author Topic: Our Babies  (Read 3772 times)

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Our Babies
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:21:34 am »
These are our "new" Babies. Ike (the blue) is roughly 2 years old. We adopted him the PAWS of Austin. He was so scared and 40lbs underweight when we got him. Sure can't tell now. He is the sweetest critter on the planet . Our big GALUMPH!

The little boy is Joey. We decided that Ike needed a full time playmate.  Joey also came from PAWS of Austin. He had been turned in on Christmas Eve. They told the animal shelter that he had bitten one of their children. The shelter noted it as a "provoked bite: but, they quaranteened him none the less. Poor lil guy was also VERY skinny when we got him. In the 11 days since his last vet visit, he has put on 12.5 pounds. He also seems to be "outgrowing" HOD. His first owners gave him puppy chow... tsk tsk tsk.

We are taking the boys to San Diego today... Maybe I'll have beach picture soon.

Blair

Re: Our Babies
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:16:51 pm »
Your boys are very handsome  :)

Offline PATTIFLUD

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:32:34 pm »
THE BOYS ARE VERY CUTE.  THEY ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BUT I BET YOU FEEL LIKE THE LUCKY ONE!  HOPE THEY LOVE THE BEACH
PATTI

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:23:41 pm »
I just love your boys ;D

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 02:26:29 pm »
Well, I got bored. I am waiting for my hubby to return and, then we are off on a 24ish hour trek to California.

Anyhooooo... busted out the camera. It's a real CHALLENGE to take pictures with a 5mo puppy in the house.

Pic #1, I was trying to get a shot of Ike on the couch. Joey would have none of that! I didn't even know he snuck in the picture until I uploaded them to the computer. Looks weird! Black puppy head on a blue bod!

Pic #2 this puppy CRACKS ME UP when he yawns. The first time he did it (after picking him up from the rescue) I started looking around... sounded like there was a COW in the living room! He is QUITE the vocal fellow.

Pic #3, another Joey yawn but, to me, it looks like he's laughing! (Yeah, I'm in love with my dogs... does it show???)

Pic #4,  it took a few days but, Ike and Joey are best buds now. Here they are doing a little mid-afternoon sunbathing.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 03:35:07 pm »
Awww they are sooo adorable!!! It makes me wanna run out and buy a dane puppy right now!!! (I can't wait until I'm moved and settled!)

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 04:50:04 pm »
Hi fatfutures. Your boys are lovely.I can relate to having a vocal dog in the house. Strider, our dane /wolfhound mix pup has an amazing array of noises from yips to grunts and woo woos, depending on the situation. You almost can't believe they all come out of the same creature.
Stella

Offline Danegirl2208

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 06:58:38 pm »
what handsome boys!! i just love blue danes :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 09:27:09 pm »
Hello and welcome.  I love the last pic of the two of them lounging together.

I love blue danes, and they were one of my top picks to get.  Obviously I didn't...........lo l.  Gunther is also quite the vocal fellow, and will actually "backtalk" me like a teenager when he is in trouble.  He will sit and grumble for several minutes of his time outs.

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 11:14:48 am »
I think my BellaRoo is in LOVE with IKE!!!!!  Your new babies are so happy looking!