Author Topic: Gershwin at Four Months  (Read 7552 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Gershwin at Four Months
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 08:27:42 am »
Oh Mi Goodness!! He is so freakin cute! i just want to hug and kiss him!! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Yaz

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 08:54:50 am »
Thanks, everyone. With regards to the long and short haired predictions, I learned all about that from the breeder (she & her husband are one of the founding breeders of Saint Bernards here in Canada for the past thirty years). We saw Gershwin's litter at four weeks of age and the breeder told us that by six weeks you can distinguish between long and short haired by looking at the hair around their ears - if it starts to go crimpy, they will be long haired. Sure enough, when we picked up Gershwin at eight weeks the ones with the crimpy hair were easy to distinguish from the short haired. But having said that, our first Saint Guinness had a very very short coat - people were constantly asking us if he was a long haired Saint that we shaved down. Gershwins mother had a very short coat like Guinness, but his father has a longer short coat if that makes any sense. And Gershwin takes after his father so his coat should be the same ( see attached pic of his father).

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 09:54:58 am »
I head like that is just made to hug and kiss on!  You guys can sure make a girl want a Saint.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 11:27:03 am »
He suer is growing into one handsome boy! He is so adorable and squishhy....I wish you were  closer so that I could give him a big ol' kiss.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.